Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Ok not spotted as such but sat in hospital with my 5 year old (home this weekend hopefully) watching Mr Tumble on cbeebies and what pops up but a Westland Scout and a TACR2..!

Not sure he fully appreciated it if im honest....

Ok not spotted as such but sat in hospital with my 5 year old (home this weekend hopefully) watching Mr Tumble on cbeebies and what pops up but a Westland Scout and a TACR2..!

Not sure he fully appreciated it if im honest....

Wasn't it supposed to be Mr Tumble that bought the Wheeler Dealers jeep?

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?34541-wheelers-dealers-jeep/page3

Sounds like he's a bit of an enthusiast. Should we reserve the username "MrTumble" in case he wants to join the forum?

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to the sergeant in charge of one of these in Normandy in 2004, they are only armoured on the lowest part of the hull. He was very scathing in his remarks about them, one thing I do remember him talking about was the cost, absolutely astronomical especially considering it was built on an obsolete second hand hull.

M5 Stuart in Newark Market Place on Saturday. Any idea who's it was?

Apparently last year there was a Sherman!

Photo0005.jpg

My work mate says sorry for the resolution on the mobile phone image! Thanks Richard.

Edited by ajmac

leoperd barv,replacement for centurion barv operated by royal marines
I was talking to the sergeant in charge of one of these in Normandy in 2004, they are only armoured on the lowest part of the hull. He was very scathing in his remarks about them, one thing I do remember him talking about was the cost, absolutely astronomical especially considering it was built on an obsolete second hand hull.

Leopard BARV indeed, it was copied from the Dutch Leopard BARV which was based on the Centurion ARV which was based on the Sherman BARV so development cost should have been very low .... :D

Going round in circles?!?

Edited by mcspool

Today at around 1730, an FV432 (I'm assuming a Bulldog) driving through Emsworth. I'm intrigued as (a) it didn't seem an obvious place for one to be, and (b) it's the first time I've ever seen one on the public road after dark.

Andy

A Desert Cam Coloured Landrover Snatch.........Driving through Halkirk in Caithness at about 1500hrs! Not what I expected to see in this area.

Civilian VRN started with N!

Edited by merlin

• 3 weeks later...