Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66199[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66200[/ATTACH]

I found this in a derelict bit of land in Pages Walk, South East London. It can be seen on Google.

Any body know about it?

The owner has or had various 101's and Stalwarts, he couldn't get planning permission on the land the tank stands so has left the T34 on it, its been there for some years now

Edited by Nick Johns

Saw this jeep with a chum on the A21 on Sunday evening - presumably on the way home from Headcorn. Hope it's someone on the forum. The snap isn't great. I didn't match the speed right out of the window of our Verso.

MB

did it not have a front number plate mate?.......

Wow, what a fantastic job you & your team have done on the old girl Paul.

I bet it was a real `labour of love` making those wheel arches especially for an ex RCT vet. Thanks for taking the time to take photo`s & put on photobucket, a nice record.

Hopefully it`s final resting place will be right by the camp entrance so everyone can see it & appreciate all the work that`s been put into it.

It will certainly get tongues wagging & i`m just waiting for all the stories from the ex RCT lads to come out !!

Are you going to put an RCT Sqn door sticker on the doors just to add the finishing touch ?

Will continue to `spread the word about `Rusty Trucks` to those that ask.

Best Luck for your future projects

Steve H

Antar 12 DM 85 heading east to its new home (see the Tales from a Big Shed thread...)

All the other pics are at http://s484.photobucket.com/albums/rr206/RustyTrucks/Antar%20Mk%203/

16/08/2012 Jeep on trailer heading towards Germany on A2 i think, sorry can't remember but will try to find the pics to update. Also several jeeps in the Normandy area earlier on in the week.

Antar 12 DM 85 heading east to its new home (see the Tales from a Big Shed thread...)

All the other pics are at http://s484.photobucket.com/albums/rr206/RustyTrucks/Antar%20Mk%203/

Fantastic job Paul. Looks in fine fettle, when will it be set for visitors and where? By the way what reg was your ballast tractor?

Edited by FEC

Ahem

A bit of a confession....12 DM 85 is done as a fifth wheel, but when I finally got around to cleaning the crud off the chassis plate and looked closely (the night before the unveiling as it happens) I noticed that it was in fact a 3A....

Oops.

As for the other one (now in the Big Shed waiting for me to catch my breath and make a start) I am not sure (but I will try and remember to look)

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, what a fantastic job you & your team have done on the old girl Paul.

I bet it was a real `labour of love` making those wheel arches especially for an ex RCT vet. Thanks for taking the time to take photo`s & put on photobucket, a nice record.

Hopefully it`s final resting place will be right by the camp entrance so everyone can see it & appreciate all the work that`s been put into it.

It will certainly get tongues wagging & i`m just waiting for all the stories from the ex RCT lads to come out !!

Are you going to put an RCT Sqn door sticker on the doors just to add the finishing touch ?

Will continue to `spread the word about `Rusty Trucks` to those that ask.

Best Luck for your future projects

Steve H

I have the badges for the doors - just didnt get around to putting them on (mind you I still have the bivvy to fit too). That said I did it as a 3 Sqn truck, and in my day the Germany ones were not "badged up" - even the bridge plate would have been green and black (as would the Antar badge) presumably so the Russkies didnt know what it was. But it will be up to DST as to whether the RCT crests go on. I must remember to ask them........

1 definite and may be 2 more spitfires flew over our garden just now.

We are cutting a tree down and our garden is on the flight path of the Bournemouth and Shoreham air shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBMF flew towards Shoreham then back over towards Bournemouth. Another Spit just gone over. Waiting for the Vulcan due around 4ish