Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

This could be a regular thread of what has been seen on the road, or in the air even.

To kick off, going to work today along the A2070 towards Romney Marsh, I passed under a bridge and going over it was a 1950's Czech Praga 6x6 with radio type body, not seen it in the area before.

Then this afternoon whist in my workshop, I heard the unmistakeable sound of Merlins, nearly fell out of the lorry I was working in, got out of the door to see three P51 Mustangs in formation passing over low. A fair bet that one of them was from the next village. Then my brother rang me and as he was speaking he suddenly said that a Mustang and a B25 Mitchell were passing overhead following the M20 North. Sounds like the place to be this weekend is Duxford.

This could be a regular thread of what has been seen on the road, or in the air even.

To kick off, going to work today along the A2070 towards Romney Marsh, I passed under a bridge and going over it was a 1950's Czech Praga 6x6 with radio type body, not seen it in the area before.

The Praga was at the Ardingly show today, sunday

The Praga was at the Ardingly show today, sunday

Thanks Nick,

Quite a rare truck over here. When I first started work for MoD, there was one on site with a multibarrel rocket launcer on the back, A Stalin organ I suppose. It was being prepared for a static display at a nearby barracks. Have a feeling it might have ended up at Duxford eventually.

Yes, earlier on a B25 Mitchell and two wingmen, one a Mustang I'm sure, flew over, going back to Europe. Wonderful sight :thumbsup:

That must be what I saw over here late this afternoon heading Kentwards...have to confess , I'm not too good on my aircraft .:(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Oh allmost crashed into a big green skip restricting the road width outside Degsys house:rofl:

I warned him about this.he just gave me loads of abuse.:rofl:

most people give you abuse :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well i have threatend to pay him a visit.

we can have a MOANFEST:rofl:

if it lookes like a skip u would think he would park it round the back of the local fish and chip shop hopeing someone will chuck some chip fat init for free :-D

I dont like the idea of these m/fuel we followed a R/thunder reo for a few miles ,the fumes were terrible.had sore eyes for days.Arnt you suposed to use a high percentage of diesel in the mix?

I don't fancy the chip fat route, you need to run two separate tanks, switch over to diesel for a bit before stopping the engine. The other problem is filter blockage, I don't fancy changing filters all the time at the roadside. I have a supply of contam fuel and add some diesel to ensure lubrication of the fuel pump etc. as it tends to have a high petrol content.

As soon as I can get time to finish a couple of jobs on the Reo it will be resident on the farm.