Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

• 2 weeks later...
A Desert Cam Coloured Landrover Snatch.........Driving through Halkirk in Caithness at about 1500hrs! Not what I expected to see in this area. Civilian VRN started with N!

I know it and the owner well!! Bonniescot on this forum...... :-D

Alec

• 5 weeks later...

At Chollerford, near Hexham, Northumberland.

Taken a few weeks ago.....

a sorry looking left hooker, airportable...

landy.jpg

Gear lever & high/low ratio 4wd levers, but what's the other lever on the tunnel?

No visible signs of a winch, pto or external shaft drive?

landy2.jpg

Got me head under the hood today.......

Maybe this should answer the question if the lump had been changed?

Air portable land rover engine.JPG

Also at the same location, taken this week....

USA vehicle.jpg

Tony M

Edited by Tony M

At Chollerford, near Hexham, Northumberland.

Taken a few weeks ago.....

a sorry looking left hooker, airportable...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72250[/ATTACH]

Gear lever & high/low ratio 4wd levers, but what's the other lever on the tunnel?

No visible signs of a winch, pto or external shaft drive?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72251[/ATTACH]

Also at the same location, taken this week....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72252[/ATTACH]

Tony M

That Reo wouldn't be for sale would it...looking all sorry and unloved!

Also that Landie steering column looks wrong, could it have an engine replacement. A mate of mine has one with an Isuzu diesel and the plastic shroud round the column looks the same

That Reo wouldn't be for sale would it...looking all sorry and unloved!

Also that Landie steering column looks wrong, could it have an engine replacement. A mate of mine has one with an Isuzu diesel and the plastic shroud round the column looks the same

They've both been in the same loctaion (behind a hotel in the car park) for years & I've asked who owns them, no one knows?

As for the landie......

I didn't get under the hood but there are a few ex mil gear in the back: old style sleeping bag, jerry cans, water carriers, chair & a couple of other bits n pieces, all ex brit mil.

It wouldn't add up for the landie to go from mil to civvy (then lump conversion) & then throw some ex brit mil gear in the back & leave it standing to rot?

Bit of a mooch me thinks, covert that is lol

Tony M

Was just before Christmas, maybe end of November, driving home from work. Was sitting at the lights at the bottom of M53 sliproad at junc 5.....Saw low loader passing with a Russian T34 on the back heading up the A41 towards Birkenhead/Liverpool direction. Tried to follow but got stuck in traffic. Anyone know where it was heading and why??

Found these on Torrens Street EC1 earlier today, just round the corner of Angle tube. Wasn't expecting to see bits of HMMWV on a central London side street while the Abbot was (is) advertising tanks-a-lot. The HMMWV front and rear sections aren't in fantastic shape. I guess they are something to do with the scrap merchants at the end of the road.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60606[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60607[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60609[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60611[/ATTACH]

Just opposite was this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60612[/ATTACH]

Have I stumbled onto something I shouldn't have?

Nice work , I passed some of these bits heading for the coast , on the back of a truck & wondered where they come from :D , I could have done with picking some bits if it was going to the scrap yard ....

Travelling down the A50 towards Derby today about 12 ish, passed a car with a trailer. Inside the trailer was freshly blasted tank turret. Anybody else see it? It was quite a large turret like something off an Achilles or similar, but it had a roof on it.