Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Driving up the A130 into Chelmsford last night I saw a couple of Bedford MJ's, an APC, Armoured bulldozer, and a submarine...............

...... No that's not right, hang on I'm asleep aren't I? Yep, that's disappointing.

Shame they may have been going here ;)Today

17392_488764384522816_82878741_n.jpg[/url]

Epping & Ongar Railway

Epping And Ongar Railway in Chipping Ongar :cool2: Saturday 01/06/2013 any one going? :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

While sitting with some friends enjoying a cup of tea at a classic vehicle show, I saw a lorry going down the A2070 towards Romney Marsh carrying what looked like WW2 landing craft, it was some distance away and the others were amazed how I recognised it. We speculated its destination and the possibility there is filming going on down here.

See the same landing craft heading southbound on M1 when I was going north from Harrow to Glasgow. Only posted this when I got home but it was about 12ish

Gary

Edited by gazzaw

See the same landing craft heading southbound on M1 when I was going north from Harrow to Glasgow. Only posted this when I got home but it was about 1230ish

Thanks Gary, I thought somebody else might have seen it. The location I saw it in means it was not going too much further.

Re landing craft, I might have it on camera as the car is fitted with roadhawk camera, would need to trawl the footage on the memory card

lcraft1.jpg

ADDED- found it on car camera at 1159 hrs seen on back of blue truck flatbed, not very clear as i was travelling at 70mph

Gary

Edited by gazzaw

A bit of intuition has led me to the Landing Craft that a few of us saw on the road on Sunday. It is on a film set in a yard at Rye Harbour, set up on a frame work, with huge fans nearby and a hose off a fire hydrant, they were spraying it in the fan when I saw it, behind is a large screen to block out the background. Other locations seem to be set up around the town, I was told there were some old fishing boats brought in and a large ship or boat off the coast and what might be some scenes at Camber Sands. Aerial platforms everywhere.

This might be for a Channel 4 feature tomorrow, showing how the invasion unfolded to the hour.

A bit of intuition has led me to the Landing Craft that a few of us saw on the road on Sunday. It is on a film set in a yard at Rye Harbour, set up on a frame work, with huge fans nearby and a hose off a fire hydrant, they were spraying it in the fan when I saw it, behind is a large screen to block out the background. Other locations seem to be set up around the town, I was told there were some old fishing boats brought in and a large ship or boat off the coast and what might be some scenes at Camber Sands. Aerial platforms everywhere.

This might be for a Channel 4 feature tomorrow, showing how the invasion unfolded to the hour.

Found this..

NOTICE TO MARINERS

No. 04 of 2013

ENVIRONMENT AGENCY – SOUTH EAST REGION

HARBOUR OF RYE

Closure of Strand Quay

All boat owners and visitors are advised that the Strand Quay will be closed to navigation on the following dates for filming.

Monday 3rd June 2013

Tuesday 4th June 2013

Wednesday 5th June 2013

Thursday 6th June 2013

Friday 7th June 2013

It is planned to re-open the Strand Quay to normal traffic on Saturday 8th June 2013.

Another thread came up today from James Shopland, and it fills in the details of what the Landing Craft is doing on an industrial estate at Rye Harbour, it is in fact part of a major movie that has also been filmed at Duxford as well.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?38947-Shopland-Collection-carries-George

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, I saw the landing craft as well on the M25 painted grey with a white diamond marking on the side. I also saw a mint Ford GPA on the M25, on the back of a car trailer. Very nice it was.

Regards

stu

That was me pulling the GPA. She will be back in the M25 again this week so keep your eye out.