Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Seen today in a Car Park in Ashford, Kent. Richard Farrants Red work van! Emblazoned with his FV Restorations firm's logo in yellow!

No sign of the great man himself though! was probably in staples buying empty wage packets!.....;)

Crikey Big Brother is watching us :shake:

When I came out, someone else was waiting for me. :-)

Friday 8th Feb, around 4pm, going West on the M6 between Coventry and Birmingham.

Saw a slightly rough looking blue Scammell Pioneer on the back of a lorry, Jenni took a photo and put to on Facebook. It looked like a restoration project, I presume it was an older restoration that had become unloved. There was a large 'RN' painted in white on the drivers door.

Edited by ajmac

Friday 8th Feb, around 4pm, going West on the M6 between Coventry and Birmingham.

Saw a slightly rough looking blue Scammell Pioneer on the back of a lorry, Jenni took a photo and put to on Facebook. It looked like a restoration project, I presume it was an older restoration that had become unloved. There was a large 'RN' painted in white on the drivers door.

Was it the one mentioned on the Imperial War Museum thread Alastair?

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?28358-Imperial-War-Museum-disposal-of-vehicles&p=355624#post355624

Pic here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Internal-Fire-Museum-Of-Power/198568506925586#!/photo.php?fbid=337447463037689&set=pb.198568506925586.-2207520000.1360622269&type=3&theater

Scott

Just been over to Witham SV to collect bits won at last tender.... these two CVRTs, not yet collected from the last Tender, looked menacing / sad ? in the mist.

Spartan.jpg

I was there two weeks ago and shot this video of all the vehicles at the tender...

Something went wrong...

Just the CVRTs...

Something went wrong...

Southbound on the M3 this afternoon, 2 drops, one of which appeared to be a Foden (I pulled off the motorway when in between them) both were loaded with high lift fork loaders, both were pulling trailors that sloped in towards the top, gennie sets maybe?

Further to my comments about fair ground vehicles on the AEC armoured car thread, Mrs rog started a new job this month somewhere in deepest Berkshire.

I went along today for a look at her workplace and noticed, over the top of the nearby fence, the top of a typical showmans trailor load... then a bit further along a locked mesh gate revealed three two axled trailors all tarped up in a line....then I recognised the clerestory roof of a nice old living wagon.

On the way out I turned left ... by mistake... and came across

Chassis cab mammoth major

Atkinson 3 axle gennie truck

Foden, ex gritter at a guess, waltzer load

Turns out mrs rog works next door to the winter quarters of a well known show family, I need to get some introductions as an invite to that yard would be my idea of heaven:angel:

Further to my comments about fair ground vehicles on the AEC armoured car thread, Mrs rog started a new job this month somewhere in deepest Berkshire.

I went along today for a look at her workplace and noticed, over the top of the nearby fence, the top of a typical showmans trailor load... then a bit further along a locked mesh gate revealed three two axled trailors all tarped up in a line....then I recognised the clerestory roof of a nice old living wagon.

On the way out I turned left ... by mistake... and came across

Chassis cab mammoth major

Atkinson 3 axle gennie truck

Foden, ex gritter at a guess, waltzer load

Turns out mrs rog works next door to the winter quarters of a well known show family, I need to get some introductions as an invite to that yard would be my idea of heaven:angel:

can you give a name??

I do a lot of work for the fairgrounds that come around, they have local guys for whatever area they are in and i am the North West guy for a lot of them. Might know a few names to get you a back door pass!!!