Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

1 definite and may be 2 more spitfires flew over our garden just now.

We are cutting a tree down and our garden is on the flight path of the Bournemouth and Shoreham air shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were only two Spitfires at Bournemouth yesterday - 1 with BBMF Hurricane & Lancaster and one with ME109 and P-51 so maybe it was the latter trio passing over.

There were only two Spitfires at Bournemouth yesterday - 1 with BBMF Hurricane & Lancaster and one with ME109 and P-51 so maybe it was the latter trio passing over.

Don't be mean to Rosie.

It was most definitely not a ME109 it was a Hispano Buchon

They all have Merlins anyway

Mike

431925_10151007492378984_376470810_n.jpg

G-AWHE.

http://duxfordfotogallery.co.uk/#/buchon-g-awhe-copy/4554112421

(Built in 1954)

396968_10151007500633984_1929693030_n.jpg

G-BWUE

http://duxfordfotogallery.co.uk/#/buchon-g-bwue/4554150487

(Incredibly, built in 1959!)

Putting these dates into perspective, the last Spitfire to be built, a Griffon engined Mk24, left the production line in February 1948, the last operational sortie being on 1st April, 1954, by a PRXIX.

Seen mid Saturday afternoon, 8 September: an Austin Gipsy fire engine and pump trailer heading in the Skipton direction. The combination looked superb in the unaccustomed sunshine. Was it heading for the Wartime Weekend at the Yorkshire Dales Railway? We had just come from there, having seen a couple of handsome Bedfords: OX and QL.

John.

Hi guys,

I love aeroplanes too, but can I remind you that we are the HMVF, Historic Military Vehicle forum. there are plenty of sites for aircraft spotters. Can I try to return the theme to perhaps the latest exciting happening in hmvf terms and that is the unveiling of a new gate guardian at Leconfield and the exceptional work done by one of ours, Paul Brook, in record time and on-deadline.

Well, that's me off the custard cream party list!

Best wishes,

Mike.

Diamond T in what looked like British colours on the side of the A421 today.

It set off again as I doubled back - that keeps happenning whenever I think "I'll pop back and see if they need a hand". I may start getting a complex.

Was it a case of "oh god that crazy woman's heading back - quick lets go"?

Nice looking truck anyway :)