W+P 2022 ?

Alan

4 minutes ago, Ron said:

I can't argue with most that is being said. But I wonder who this new rich person will be, who will stump up maybe £4K- £5K and then invite people in free?  

He is waiting in the wings somewhere!...However, He wont be inviting 'People' in for Free! He WILL, However. Be inviting Exhibitor's & Reenactor's in for Free. For the Show to Succeed!....Otherwise, as Has been recently 'Discovered'...... The show would fail!........NEED NOT GREED!....

Edited by ferretfixer

He or she that have a go will surely have to have experience in something similar and have an interest in military history.

Did the original not start with IMPS ?  Maybe a collaboration including MVT & IMPS.

Time will tell, unless someone has a bit of insider info..😎.

• Like 1

I think you are hanging onto a dream that has past gone, the business world is hard faced as they come, money is money, sentiment in most cases doesn't take a looking one bit. Remember there is trouble ahead in the economy people with money put it where its going to double their return and they like easy money, a lot don't want to put anything in, just take. The world of hard business takes no prisoners or shows sentiment.

. A new show will emerge, different location, different organisers everyone will follow the crowd, simple.

• Like 1

There wouldn't be a rich person needed to fork out money necessarily, W&P had approx 500x  stalls, paying £250 each = £125,000, this would go a long way to financing a show, of course the difference of the early W&P shows to the later ones, was the need to bring in Heras fencing, security, better toilets/showers etc.  When any event grows, so do the outlays, problems and many other unseen hazards to having many 1000's of people in one place.

For vehicle owners and re-enactors who make up the show, to be asked for a small contribution to the event is not that unreasonable also, especially when you look at what has been on offer in the evenings, in the way of free entertainment and of course better facilities (especially if you are there for 5x days +).

Perhaps the biggest problem is finding somewhere to hold the show,  everybody wants it near to them but W&P has always attracted our continental neighbours, being close to the ferry ports and this has also added to the richness of the show. 

Seems most people on this site agree that a show of the origanal type would be welcolmed and supported, no matter who organises it. 
Let's see what comes out of all this, and then look at it with a positve attitude. 

Some years back, I used to send "feed back" mail to the organisers after the show. I don't know if they actually read them, but some of the things I praised or critisiced  were actually improved the following year.....
The later years was a different story. 
I have read the organisers reason for cancelleling the show this year.... wonder if people just "voted with their feet" and simply walked away from it. 

• Like 2

I would argue that there are already alternative venues to War & Peace that probably better suit the HMV scene now and in the future - smaller and club/group led, eg IMPS Combined Ops..   The MV scene has kind of painted itself into a corner with hugely inflated prices for MVs that greatly restrict the entry of new blood.........while the old blood rapidly dwindles due to old age and infirmity!  This SHOULD mean that in time, MV prices will come down and new blood will enter, but my experience with younger generations is that they are really (in general) not that interested.  Anyhow, I would not hold your breath awaiting a War & Peace Revival Revival!  Support what we have - which is actually quite a lot.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, matchlesswdg3 said:

I would argue that there are already alternative venues to War & Peace that probably better suit the HMV scene now and in the future - smaller and club/group led, eg IMPS Combined Ops..   The MV scene has kind of painted itself into a corner with hugely inflated prices for MVs that greatly restrict the entry of new blood.........while the old blood rapidly dwindles due to old age and infirmity!  This SHOULD mean that in time, MV prices will come down and new blood will enter, but my experience with younger generations is that they are really (in general) not that interested.  Anyhow, I would not hold your breath awaiting a War & Peace Revival Revival!  Support what we have - which is actually quite a lot.

I totally agree with you on all points.
My reason for hopeing for a show of the same kind at the same timeslot, is because it fits in with school holidays so you can take the family along. We could do the military side of things while there still were things for rest of the family too. 
The other shows mentioned are in my sights as alternatives. After 2 years Covid confindment we all need to get into the open air and meet up with old friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello the w&p show is over its finished this is what happens when money is more important than the show and the people who give up their time and support and get nothing in return. I don't think it's right not to get refunded when the show was cancelled regardless of terms and conditions. I strongly recommend people visit the citizens advice bureau for legal advice and take this shower to small claims court. Don't let them get away with this injustice. Check on line Ann Bertrand director or war and peace revival Ltd registered address. Don't delay as they are Ltd company 

Best wishes to everyone hope this advice might help 

1 hour ago, Christian F. said:

Seems the dates for next years show are already set. Should be plenty of time to book a shower or two...... 😉

What and go through this fiasco again, i think not, most people i know are looking a more reliable show, W&P has had its day. Once bitten twice shy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BC312 said:

The Victory show is very good, they certainly look after you. 

They certainly do. Steve and Natalie Pepper and their crew go out of their way to make sure it's an experience you won't forget. We are all booked in for the 132 mile trip with a convoy of 6 WW2 vehicle's. Can't wait, last year was the best so far. Has always been a fantastic show. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Capt richard said:

. Don't let them get away with this injustice. Check on line Ann Bertrand director or war and peace revival Ltd registered address. Don't delay as they are Ltd compan

The two directors formed a new in Company in April,  Blosville Ltd, trading as the "War & Peace show",

War& Peace Revival Ltd ran the previous War & Peace Revival shows

Edited by Nick Johns
  • Sad 1