W+P 2022 ?

Alan

As W&P have stopped responding to any of my emails ( no surprise there )

I have now had to resort to contacting one of the new company directors Mrs Ann Bertrand via FB, Mrs Ann Bertrand responded within 10 minutes of me messaging her confirming that she had just spoken to the office ( at 21:30 this evening 🤔 ) and that apparently all of my questions via email had been answered and I still wasn’t getting a refund 😂 

Why would anyone support this show now .They refuse to give a refund ! All good will and trust is sadly lost. Who in their right mind is going to hand over money in advance for entry to a show  that could get cancelled again for any reason ? Think how many other people have lost out -stall holders catering reenactors military vehicle owners etc presumably paying in advance.

Contact trading standards might be helpful !

The organizers need you more than you need them. I will no longer support this show ever.

Its a sad day really,because I have meet wonderful People from around the world there. One minute I was talking to a Vietnam helicopter veteran next a German fellow then a Dutchman😀

The past is the past ,time to move on new shows Suffolk military show ,victory ,40s week end sheringham  old Buckingham etc

• Like 2
  • Up 1

OMG!!!!! W&P have responded to an email!!!

As I have said numerous times ,with regards to your deferred ticket, this
will be honoured at the next War & Peace Show, details of which are on the
website.

Kind Regards
Jane Morgan
Accounts Department

Some people are obviously living in cloud cuckoo land, wonder what their attitude will be as soon as legal papers start arriving on their desk or will they even care ???

Here`s hoping that all the decent people who fronted their hard earned money get it all back, justice has to prevail on this. 

9 hours ago, 67burwood said:

website.

Kind Regards
Jane Morgan
Accounts Department

So what is their response if you are unable, unavailable or unwilling to attend the next W&P?

Bad luck, you don't get a refund?

20 minutes ago, dgrev said:

So what is their response if you are unable, unavailable or unwilling to attend the next W&P?

Bad luck, you don't get a refund?

I’ve stated that I am unable to attend the new dates and I that was unable to attend the previous dates which under consumer rights I should be entitled to a refund BUT!! W&P are making the rules up as they go, I’ve requested a copy of their 2020 terms and conditions but they are unresponsive to this request 🤨 £200 on tickets lost !! 

7 hours ago, dgrev said:

Yeah, exactly as I expected.

Unfortunately.

Unless you can go through small claims or consumer affairs, you may just have to write it off.

Such a shame it has come to this.

I wrote the money off  last year, I now just keep clicking resend on my emails just to annoy them 😂

• Haha 1

Hello is sad to hear people's experiences .my be could get a refund from credit card if payed that way section 75 charge back. It's sad when people get treated badly. This forum and hobby is ment to be fun and a happy occasion.

I find the small shows best these days. I recommend the sheringham 40s weekend which is well supported by local business and Joe public also next to seaside which is a bonus !

On 6/14/2022 at 1:30 PM, 67burwood said:

website.

Kind Regards
Jane Morgan
Accounts Department

That's an absolutely outrageous reply. How patronising and condescending. Don't take no for an answer.

• Like 1

These people with thier disgusting & arrogant attitudes towards Exhibitors. NEED closing down for Good!!!  They have MORE than proved how Nasty & unhelpful they are. We REALLY dont need these types involved in the Military Show Circuit! 

They NEED to be taught a lesson, that you cant go around behaving like this towards People who have paid up front & expect a better. & more professional service!! I think they have now clearly displayed thier Contempt towards Show Exhibitor's. & this needs to be STOPPED!!!!  I believe it only costs £50 to lodge a claim in the Small Claims court. Even if you have only paid this amount originally.

I would advise doing it anyway! These 'People(?)' NEED teaching a lesson!!! & it would send out a message to any in the Minority. Who think they could behave similarly in the future!!

Although once a Brilliant show, after it's Demise there are plenty of other excellent shows to choose from. & they are growing with Popularity. & other shows will emerge also. This is too big a Movement to be allowed to Die! 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ferretfixer said:

These people with thier disgusting & arrogant attitudes towards Exhibitors. NEED closing down for Good!!!  They have MORE than proved how Nasty & unhelpful they are. We REALLY dont need these types involved in the Military Show Circuit! 

They NEED to be taught a lesson, that you cant go around behaving like this towards People who have paid up front & expect a better. & more professional service!! I think they have now clearly displayed thier Contempt towards Show Exhibitor's. & this needs to be STOPPED!!!!  I believe it only costs £50 to lodge a claim in the Small Claims court. Even if you have only paid this amount originally.

I would advise doing it anyway! These 'People(?)' NEED teaching a lesson!!! & it would send out a message to any in the Minority. Who think they could behave similarly in the future!!

Although once a Brilliant show, after it's Demise there are plenty of other excellent shows to choose from. & they are growing with Popularity. & other shows will emerge also. This is too big a Movement to be allowed to Die! 👍

Some times it pays to take the individual to court the owner of the company as they hide behind the company. I took a company to court years ago and they changed the name by removing and changing the Ltd from the company registered name which cost me a extra bailiff fee, some of these rip off merchant's can be quite devious. I hope everyone gets their money back and move on the a new show creating another W&P size show that every one who contributes gets appreciated for their time and efforts. 

If these cowboys decided to resurrect the W&P show in the future tell then to stick it, as this will be a warning to others who may try and take the piss of all of us for mugs

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Would be great to have a similar show in the UK.

Or in Europe, say Belgium or south-west of the Netherlands so you can come over to our side of the channel.

Suffolk Military Show 30th & 31st July?

On 6/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, Enigma said:

Would be great to have a similar show in the UK.

Or in Europe, say Belgium or south-west of the Netherlands so you can come over to our side of the channel.

I think that we would love to, especially if it catered for more modern (ie Cold War) vehicles. The shows in Europe tend (and I realise that's a generalisation) to focus on WW2 - I'm planning on going to the September Show at Panzermuseum East in Denmark, just to see what a show is like in Europe. 

Edited by snowdrop358
Spelling / not wearing my glasses

Sad times for the show. I too think it is lost and never will be resurrected by those who put it in the grave. Word has got around in the MV circles here on the continent also.
Talking of alternatives, there is a show - Military Days -here in Denmark in September. It is at the Panzermuseum East  museum in Slagelse. The museum is a cold war museum with mainly eastern block exhibits. 
I will post more on the site here for shows, but until then, you can see more about the museum and show here:  www.panzermuseumeast.dk and the show MILITARY DAYS - PANZERMUSEUM EAST  

@ "snowdrop358" Looking forward to meeting you in SEP 🙂 

Denmark looks great. Buit september is busy in the Netherlands because of Market Garden.

The same date (or a bit later)  would be ideal becasue of the holidays.

And I agree most shows are WW2 so a show for all military vehicles would be the best.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Capel show today, Great sho,  lots to see, great setting catched up with old friends bit like a mini War and Peace show in its early days. Now the War and Peace is no longer, more will flock to this show with more vehicles re enactors and stalls, it gets bigger every year.

Edited by BC312

• 3 weeks later...