W+P 2022 ?

Alan

I seem to remember, when Rex fell out with the Hop Farm and moved to Folkstone, he added the "revival" Maybe there is some legal implication regarding that change in name? However, I'll do my best to speak to or visit John over the weekend.

Ron

I just had a catch up chat with John. He's been busy with the UK and German shooting shows and is now back in the office to deal with W&P. All is well with the Hop Farm. The website is open and I gather bookings can be made on line from 19th April.

He dropped the "revival" as he just can't see the point of it. 

It will be great to be back there.  Ron

• Like 1

No I didn't Guy! I guess wait for the 19th and see what it is. John is a friend and fellow bike enthusiast and we haven't hooked up for months and I didn't want to pry too much into his business affairs.  Ron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron said:

I just had a catch up chat with John. He's been busy with the UK and German shooting shows and is now back in the office to deal with W&P. All is well with the Hop Farm. The website is open and I gather bookings can be made on line from 19th April.

He dropped the "revival" as he just can't see the point of it. 

It will be great to be back there.  Ron

Well that is good to hear. I still suspect that the very late bookings will reduce the number of entrants as well as making organisation more problematic but if they can pull it off then great!

John I gather that bookings from regular dealers and groups have been going on behind the scenes for some time, with lots obviously rolled over from previous canceled shows. 

My feelings are that people will be looking forward to getting back to normal and with over 3 months of booking time, I can't see why it can't be a normal contingent? ........See you at Weymouth.  Ron 

• 2 weeks later...

They now have an issue with the booking software, it's all delayed to the 25th.

"Sorry folks, unfortunately the planned launch of our ticketing and booking system which was set to go live today has been pushed back due to a technical issue. Check back on our website from the 25th. warandpeaceshow.com"

doesn't exactly instill confidence. 

3 hours ago, ferretfixer said:

Anyone dipped thier toe in the water yet?.....😁

5 minutes ago I looked at visitor tickets and the website has reverted to "tickets available shortly" despite it being the 25th, the delayed date they were supposed to be on sale. Stall and vehicle bookings are still saying you can book in from 19th but you cant get any further than that. No details about charges. Not looking good which is a pity.

Booking in and tickets are now open,  to enter ONE military vehicle, 2 persons and camping £125           .

........        Yes that is £125 PER ENTRY ....!!!!!

£25 for a spectator day pass.

....Oh well thats 15 entries from our group that will not be attending this year ! ...

and few spectators at £25 per day

Edited by Nick Johns

Oh dear. That is a hell of a lot of money, I suspect that they will not have to take on extra staff to cope with the rush of bookings. The size and breadth of the show is its main attraction so any reduction in the number or variety of exhibits can only do the show harm. With fuel prices, this increase could not come at a worse time. I hope show is a success but it seems to have a number of hurdles to clear to be that.

Having entered this show, every year from when it started in 1982 as an IMPS club display at Tenterden railway station, I feel it had lost its attraction at the last one in 2019 and vowed then, not to do it again. Many fellow members of IMPS and MVT used to go there and it was a good place to catch up, but in the last few shows at Beltring many faces are now missing. We had the best days when Rex was running it, it had good atmosphere in those days.

I have my thoughts on why this year's launch is so late ...

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

Having entered this show, every year from when it started in 1982 as an IMPS club display at Tenterden railway station, I feel it had lost its attraction at the last one in 2019 and vowed then, not to do it again. Many fellow members of IMPS and MVT used to go there and it was a good place to catch up, but in the last few shows at Beltring many faces are now missing. We had the best days when Rex was running it, it had good atmosphere in those days.

I have my thoughts on why this year's launch is so late ...

I think if Richard has said this then it sums it up....

It has to be respected.