W+P 2022 ?

Alan

I have no crystal ball (and hope 2023 does go ahead by the way) but I do wonder why they are listing it with apparently very little support this year and can expect even less next year? Do they have to either refund now or honour previous tickets on a "delayed event" basis? If so then booking 2023 presumably removes the need to refund immediately? If War and Peace (or War and Peace Revival, whoever is running it) goes bankrupt between now and July 2023, I guess that prepaid tickets will never be refunded or honoured as the debtor company will no longer exist, the assets staying with the remaining company? As I said, I will gladly attend if a/. it runs! and b/, they supply or pay for transport as they have done in the past. I certainly will not pay £125 per vehicle (3) plus £400 odd for each other crewmen  to camp.

I wonder if there is a difficult to break clause in the contract with the hop farm that makes them keep deferring the date. There will have to be a point when the hop farm cannot keep supporting a giant hole in their budget and kick w&p off.

Summer fun occurs every year, but it’s contained within the hop farm main site.  The entrance to W&P moved from the main site to the field when the show relocated back from the race course, so family’s not attending W&P could still access the kids activities. 

it will be interesting to see if they promote the show at all at the Luke’s of Malvern etc like they have in the past.

18 hours ago, Jack said:

Think they are deluded if they think 2023 will happen. They have lost all support and respect and folks have found better shows to go to now. 

Jack, Concise. & absolutely knocked the Nail on the Head!

Once trust is lost, particularly by 'This' owner of W&P. That is it!......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ferretfixer said:

Jack, Concise. & absolutely knocked the Nail on the Head!

Once trust is lost, particularly by 'This' owner of W&P. That is it!......

By the MV crowd, yes... but I think they're trying to turn it into a general 'vintage' show, which might appeal to a broader public which means more visitors etc. so they don't mind losing 80% of the green participants I guess?

Hello I agree with ferretfixer on this one. As I have said before this hobby is ment to be fun and enjoyable . I'm going to the Suffolk military show tomorrow should be good ! It's near the coast as well.

At the end of the day no one forces you to go. So vote with your feet , don't support this organisation !

If you don't get a refund ( no deferred ticket thanks )then it would be ashame if a couple of t34 broke down right at the entrance of w&p 2023 ?

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, earlymb said:

By the MV crowd, yes... but I think they're trying to turn it into a general 'vintage' show, which might appeal to a broader public which means more visitors etc. so they don't mind losing 80% of the green participants I guess?

In which case, it will be Nothing to do with 'War & peace'. it will be a country craft fair show! IE: Traction & Stationary Engines & Arts & Crafts stalls. Thus confirming most Peoples suspicions. That the present 'Owner'. Is Money Orientated ONLY. & couldn't give a stuff for Military vehicles. & associated Living History. & Re-enacting Buffs!.....

Hello here at Suffolk military show- great mixture of reactors vehicles stalls etc. Nice atmosphere very similar to the gun powder mills event Enfield.

At the end of day the organizers can do what they want ! I think people will just have to accept this !

Just make sure you get your refund. Support smaller shows .move on.

Let this company/organiser get on with it, let them find out the hard way!

If cost £160 for for 4 days at a music festival with headline acts . your Better of going to a music festival and enjoying yourself . support smaller military shows where you are made very welcome.

• Like 1

Totally agree with that. Support smaller shows, they all have to start from somewhere and build up with our support over time.

We have a lovely show down here in Somerset, Westonzoyland Warag. Only been going a few years now but it's grown each year, is free to exhibit, has lots of vehicles and reenactment groups and is well attendee by the public. We enjoy that much more than the larger shows these days.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, ferretfixer said:

In which case, it will be Nothing to do with 'War & peace'. it will be a country craft fair show! IE: Traction & Stationary Engines & Arts & Crafts stalls. Thus confirming most Peoples suspicions. That the present 'Owner'. Is Money Orientated ONLY. & couldn't give a stuff for Military vehicles. & associated Living History. & Re-enacting Buffs!.....

Basically that, with some civilian classic cars thrown in for good measure.

Well, that's my expectation, I might be very wrong.

Other and smaller shows are great. Some will grow into larger shows, some can/will not grow simply because the site is not big enough or the organisers do not have/do not want the capability to organise a big show.

W&P was a big and well organised show, thats why I miss it. Running costs rose over the years and I accepted the small price rises over the years because the show also grew over the years. 
BUT when the prices went up 50% and "value for money" went the other way, the show was doomed.

It is the organisers right to do as he pleases with "his" show, it is our right to do as we please with "our" attendance.
...... I hope someone will come along soon and organise "our" show again for the future........
....if not.... 🙂

image.png.1a6ff0c2b7b89cf476f2d4c864539bac.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:30 AM, earlymb said:

I said this a few years ago, and people told me I was mad!
They changed the name a few years back-'the greatest gathering of vintage living' was the sub title, and that was the clue.

The new owner would much rather charge the public £250 for the week with a caravan than have mv's paying £75.

My wife and I have been to W&P 3 times from New Zealand and loved every one of them.  Our first 2 were Paddock Wood, the 3rd Folkstone.

I hear you all about unreliability of the organisers, crazy prices etc, but from an outsiders perspective it would be a shame to see it disappear, where else will I find as good an excuse to visit England again 🤣\

CHeers

Ian J

Effectively it is costing you double for anything in the UK given the GB£ to NZ$ exchange rate at the moment.

I recall paying AU$2.56 per GB£1 back 20 to 30 years ago. That hurt!

(Keeping in mind that the advertised exchange rate is never what you actually get charged by the time the fees are included, what a scam is this currency game.)