W+P 2022 ?

Alan

Has anyone had any notifications on W+P for this year? 

Wasn’t booked in to the 2020  show as it conflicted with the annual family holiday, would have been the first I’d missed in 20yrs and with last year cancelled, thought I’d get in early and book this years, but note the website is not currently up and running yet……

Interesting… with only 6 months to go you’d think they’d have the website up for bookings etc. Hence why I thought I’d ask if anyone who had booked had received a notification of their intentions this year. Guess it’s a wait and see !

The W&P website has been updated: The office will be closed until APRIL!!  The hop farm site still has no mention of W&P either. The complete lack of information is not helpful, especially when leave needs booking for example.  

https://warandpeacerevival.com/

https://thehopfarm.co.uk/events/summer-fun-at-the-farm

2022's event!

Edited by snowdrop358

Same experience with me. 

Called the hop farm and they couldn't confirm if the event was booked or not. Sadly it doesn't look too promising right now for W&P

I have now booked in to a more local show in Suffolk as I want to get out and display,  but just don't want the uncertainty of a show potentially not going ahead. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nick Johns said:

Thats interesting, I heard years ago the Hop Farm owned the copyright to the name "War & Peace show",  Rex Cadnam changed it to the "War & Peace Revival Show" when He moved the show to Folkestone, then sold it and the name to John Allinson, who formed "War & Peace Revival Limited"....although Rex Still owns the Company "War & Peace Show Limited"

Two possibilities spring to mind: one, Rex is running it or two, Hop Farm are running it themselves. Either way, if either is true, they are leaving it damn late to start to take bookings. If either are planning to run a show, what happens to people who have booked and paid to the "Revival" organisation?

On 2/25/2022 at 8:49 PM, John Pearson said:

Two possibilities spring to mind: one, Rex is running it or two, Hop Farm are running it themselves. Either way, if either is true, they are leaving it damn late to start to take bookings. If either are planning to run a show, what happens to people who have booked and paid to the "Revival" organisation?

As you have put very well, I think this is too little too late.

To book in groups and traders, then plan the event with such little notice, can only lead to problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I note that Classic Military Vehicle mag (marked April 2022) has a short article stating the War and Peace 2022 "would be going ahead" and "tickets will be able to be booked on line from April". Foreign participation is confirmed. Seems to me to be too late to be thinking of organising such an event? Will be interesting to see if they have a stall selling tickets at Malvern on Sunday. Who will be booking in?

W&P  were not at Malvern but on another interweb site I was assured by one of the management team (i/c of reenactors field) that the show IS going ahead and bookings will be taken from mid April onwards. I for one hope that it does run but they are leaving it very late to get everything sorted out in time I think. No indication of costs as the normal cut off date has passed. Who will book in? I certainly will be arranging to go if it does in fact run.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave the W&P website a careful inspection and noted 3 things: one, all the info looks good and genuine, two: as mentioned above, no indication of price or how the 'late booking fees' system may work as the lateness of bookings will not be the entrants fault and three: the word "Revival" does not appear anywhere. I am sure that this missing word has a great significance but can only imagine why is has been deleted??

13 hours ago, Nick Johns said:

Perhaps the organiser has reached an agreement with the hop farm to call it the "War & Peace show" as they supposedly owned the name

if I recall correctly? The ORIGINAL 'Owner' of the War & Peace Show registered title. KEPT that Title in His possession?  He DID however sell the 'Show' & Title for 'The War & Peace Revival Show'. To 'John'!.......

Am I reading too much into this? Or is the 'Original' Owner involved now in this particular show? It does make one wonder, dosent it?... 😉