Jump to content

W+P 2022 ?


Alan

Recommended Posts

According to Wikipedia The revival hosts around 4000 military vehicles[3] including tanks, armoured personnel carriers, armoured cars, amphibious vehicles, motorcycles, as well as light, medium and heavy military wheeled vehicles. The 2015 show attracted over 100,000 visitors during its five days.

Sounds like it could be only 20% of it's former self.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One would have thought, that the organiseres would be keen to get as much information on the site as soon as possible. 
That does not seem to be the case.  I wanted to see the traders list, but that is not viewable even though there are stalls that are sold. 
Does anyone have a contact to the organizers who could give them a hint, that their reputation is in need of some positive action from their side.  
I think we are all interested in getting "the good old show" back together again, but help and understanding fades away if you don't ask for it. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see if you enter as a MOP on the day it’s £30, only £25 if you pre book.

I missed that bit of info. So effectively £30 unless you want to take a chance on the weather. That's killed it for me.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Alan said:

Todays announcement from W+P - over 200 vehicles booked in - anyone remember what they used to have ? Can’t get to my old programmes now.

I see if you enter as a MOP on the day it’s £30, only £25 if you pre book.

 

Less than 24 hours since my last post and W+P have just posted on FB that now 300+ vehicles are attending 🤔 @ 100 vehicles a day, we’ll soon be back to the glory days of W+P ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact that only certain people can comment on FB(the die hard supporters) and no comments at all on Twitter shows you all you need to know.

Must admit i'm tempted to go as a day visitor just to see what it's like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Maybe if the W&P show posted  their news on their homepage, we would not have to look and ask so much in other places to get  the information we seek. 
I hope the show comes back to its former glory, but I doubt many want to sign up to something they can't even see a program for yet.  ...the program on the homepage is from 2018.
 

Edited by Christian F.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm just impatient, but there is not much news on the W&P homepage. Used to be daily updates.
I tried to check the "terms and conditions" post listed in the foot bar.  It seems to be professional enough (long and detailed as an American car producer - no responsebility for anything). 
When a professional  company - Blosville Ltd. - takes on that sort of show, one should expect a greater interest and effort in makeing the investment worthwhile. I would like to think the organzers are serious.
A 5 day show used to be a holiday for most participants and a great chance to greet old friends and make new ones. 
Maybe a private company without representatives of the enthusiasts that make up the show is not the best way to organize such an event? 
The Hop Farm is the perfect setting, and we all accept and respect the fact that facilities have to be paid for. I just haven't heard the justification for the big rise in participant fee. 
2020 the price was  £50  two years later the price has more than doubled to £125. and no group discounts. Covid 19 ?
I wonder, if the clubs were involved or consulted, would there be a greater understanding and respect for the conditions for the show? 
As always, social media (FB etc.) tends to go astray in personal views an not enough factual news. Have seen many "discussions" on the subject in many places, but very little involvement from the organizers to clarify /  justify the issues. 
I don't want to base my views and decisons on rumours, so more facts and information please. W&P where are you?  
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Christian F. said:

Maybe I'm just impatient, but there is not much news on the W&P homepage. Used to be daily updates.
I tried to check the "terms and conditions" post listed in the foot bar.  It seems to be professional enough (long and detailed as an American car producer - no responsebility for anything). 
When a professional  company - Blosville Ltd. - takes on that sort of show, one should expect a greater interest and effort in makeing the investment worthwhile. I would like to think the organzers are serious.
A 5 day show used to be a holiday for most participants and a great chance to greet old friends and make new ones. 
Maybe a private company without representatives of the enthusiasts that make up the show is not the best way to organize such an event? 
The Hop Farm is the perfect setting, and we all accept and respect the fact that facilities have to be paid for. I just haven't heard the justification for the big rise in participant fee. 
2020 the price was  £50  two years later the price has more than doubled to £125. and no group discounts. Covid 19 ?
I wonder, if the clubs were involved or consulted, would there be a greater understanding and respect for the conditions for the show? 
As always, social media (FB etc.) tends to go astray in personal views an not enough factual news. Have seen many "discussions" on the subject in many places, but very little involvement from the organizers to clarify /  justify the issues. 
I don't want to base my views and decisons on rumours, so more facts and information please. W&P where are you?  
 

A show run by enthusiasts would make all the difference compared to a hard faced company all out for profits, especially if they want to recover loses from Covid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BC312 said:

A show run by enthusiasts would make all the difference compared to a hard faced company all out for profits, especially if they want to recover loses from Covid. 

Come along to the brilliant Capel Military vehicle show,  2/3 July, Surrey/Sussex border, Free to enter,  run entirely by Enthusiasts, any profits go to charities

Edited by Nick Johns
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2022 at 2:33 PM, John Pearson said:

War and Peace used to be the no 1 show for large, rare vehicles, particularly armoured ones. The numbers of these at the show appear to have been declining over the years but it is difficult to be certain although armoured vehicles getting into the arena certainly greatly reduced between (say) 2014 and 2019. Query is, have any readers of this forum actually booked in any such vehicles yet for 2022? Do they intend to?

Well no one has replied and said they have entered a heavy, tracked or armoured vehicle yet. I wonder how many of the 300 entries so far are NOT light vehicles as I think every show should have a variety of large and small, heavy and light, armoured and soft skin, tracked and wheeled exhibits. Too many of any one class makes for a lopsided and less interesting show. I still hope to go with tracked and wheeled armour but that depends on transport availability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Christian F. said:

Maybe I'm just impatient, but there is not much news on the W&P homepage. Used to be daily updates.
I tried to check the "terms and conditions" post listed in the foot bar.  It seems to be professional enough (long and detailed as an American car producer - no responsebility for anything). 
When a professional  company - Blosville Ltd. - takes on that sort of show, one should expect a greater interest and effort in makeing the investment worthwhile. I would like to think the organzers are serious.
A 5 day show used to be a holiday for most participants and a great chance to greet old friends and make new ones. 
Maybe a private company without representatives of the enthusiasts that make up the show is not the best way to organize such an event? 
The Hop Farm is the perfect setting, and we all accept and respect the fact that facilities have to be paid for. I just haven't heard the justification for the big rise in participant fee. 
2020 the price was  £50  two years later the price has more than doubled to £125. and no group discounts. Covid 19 ?
I wonder, if the clubs were involved or consulted, would there be a greater understanding and respect for the conditions for the show? 
As always, social media (FB etc.) tends to go astray in personal views an not enough factual news. Have seen many "discussions" on the subject in many places, but very little involvement from the organizers to clarify /  justify the issues. 
I don't want to base my views and decisons on rumours, so more facts and information please. W&P where are you?  
 

They must have been monitoring these posts! Posted recently, love the headline ‘nothing to see here,’ as judging by posts on here and most of the FB forums …. There won’t be 🤣🤣C1EFC045-46EB-4235-B553-D9F1D53E0852.thumb.png.e12c261181c0ae04c8780c531705379c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I truly hope not, whilst W+P has had many detractors over the years (notably toilet and shower gate)  in its own way it had become an institution, its size, duration and support from the EU mv community etc made it unique. It would be a shame to loose it in this way. I know there are other shows, who maybe support owners better or are more user friendly but none can surpass W+P in it heyday. I just hope the new owners take note of the comments being made across this forum and the many FB pages and reengage with the mv / reenactment  community. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that a big part of the problem is that the management / PR team can't or won't engage with the very people it's relying on. For example, Capel came in for some criticism for banning any German WW2 representations. Instead of hiding and turning off comments, they actively engaged and explained why they had taken the decisions that they had. I don't go to Capel, nor do I reenact but I appreciated the fact that there was an open discussion about it.  I would suggest that W&P could really do with some positive PR at this point, all that's required is to engage and be honest, surely? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, snowdrop358 said:

I think that a big part of the problem is that the management / PR team can't or won't engage with the very people it's relying on. For example, Capel came in for some criticism for banning any German WW2 representations. Instead of hiding and turning off comments, they actively engaged and explained why they had taken the decisions that they had. I don't go to Capel, nor do I reenact but I appreciated the fact that there was an open discussion about it.  I would suggest that W&P could really do with some positive PR at this point, all that's required is to engage and be honest, surely? 

If there is no German representation at Capel, what/who will the battle re-enactments be between ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, snowdrop358 said:

I think that a big part of the problem is that the management / PR team can't or won't engage with the very people it's relying on. For example, Capel came in for some criticism for banning any German WW2 representations. Instead of hiding and turning off comments, they actively engaged and explained why they had taken the decisions that they had. I don't go to Capel, nor do I reenact but I appreciated the fact that there was an open discussion about it.  I would suggest that W&P could really do with some positive PR at this point, all that's required is to engage and be honest, surely? 

I have just visited the W&P homepage. A few presses on F5 and behold, there was an update on the Spitfire stage program (no specific info but it seems someone is working on it)  and a couple of listings on the traders list. Lets see what else turns up....
Just hope it's not too little too late. 
People have mentioned the heyday..in the said heyday, information and temptation came in a constant flow on their site and directly to those of us who had participated in earlier shows. 
The publics attitude towards the show is a direct product of the impressions the show gives us.  "it has always been good" doesn't cut it this time.due to high prices and low information.

More promotion please before we loose interest in a show we are struggling to find good reasons to atend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long time lurker - apologies for 1st post

 

My club decided not to attend W&P this year before the price increases were announced, but for many of the reasons previously mentioned in this post. You could already see the decline between 2018 and 2019 when the organisers stopped paying for the transport of the big stuff.

These days there is too much competition for us to have to pay for the privilege of showing our own vehicles. Overlord. War in the Vale, Tanks Trucks and firepower, Capel etc are all still free to exhibitors and some of them eg: Capel are growing year on year because of it.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trickyh said:

Long time lurker - apologies for 1st post

 

My club decided not to attend W&P this year before the price increases were announced, but for many of the reasons previously mentioned in this post. You could already see the decline between 2018 and 2019 when the organisers stopped paying for the transport of the big stuff.

These days there is too much competition for us to have to pay for the privilege of showing our own vehicles. Overlord. War in the Vale, Tanks Trucks and firepower, Capel etc are all still free to exhibitors and some of them eg: Capel are growing year on year because of it.

 

 

 

To be fair to the W&P, they seem to be picking up the pace on their homepage. An adjustment or two in the fee department would be warmly welcomed.... as would transport of special vehicles. 
Coming from abroad, we have to plan and book ferries etc. months ahead or chance it. This is why we prefer the longer duration shows - it has to be worth the trip (and all the expenses). Driving for 2-3 days to and from a show in your military vehicle is prone to "surprises" along the way.
It would be a loooong trip back home if the show turns out to be a "dud".
I still hope the show gets back on track, but so close to our ultimate deadline, things are not looking that good for us to come as a group.   
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Rumor has it, that the W&P no longer will accept tickets bought for the 2020 and 2021 shows that were cancelled/postponed. If you want to participate in 2022 show, you must buy a new entry. I don't know if this only applies to public entry tickets or if it also applies to exhibitors, reenactors and stall holders. 

On the W&P homepage in the FAQ this is what is written: 
 

Deferrals that were applied for from 2020/21 are redeemable at the 2022 event.

For those who applied to receive a deferral from the 2020/21 event during the 12 week window – You should receive an email from us regarding your booking during  May/June 2022. This will be sent to the email address that you made your original booking under. If you believe that you have changed your details, please contact us to update your details.

As per the terms of our deferrals, if applied for, your booking will be rolled over to the next available date, if you have applied for a deferral, therefore all deferrals must be redeemed at the 2022 War and Peace Show – it is the individuals’ responsibility to ensure their availability on show dates (26th – 30th July 2022). Please note that deferrals are non-refundable or transferrable.

Please note, only deferrals that were applied for within the application window are redeemable. If you failed to apply for a deferral during the 12 week window, your booking will unfortunately now be void.

Maybe, the people spreading the rumor have forgotten to apply in time? 
It seems a bit "sneaky" to have such a time window. Good management would have contacted the individuals, after all they have their contact details.

  
Does anyone have more exact knowledge on this subject?   

Edited by Christian F.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

I booked to go in 2020, and recently asked if my booking had been deferred. W&P have declined to honour my booking stating that I didn't apply for a deferral in the 12 week window. The first I knew of this window was on the FAQ's on their website, I was supposed have been emailed in July 2020 about this, but never had any communication from them. Very disappointed and saddened that they are taking this approach. Not sure if way they have handled this is legal, in any case I for one will never be attending W&P again whilst it is under the current management.

Cheers

Richard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thanks Richard. 

This is the kind of rumor I have heard. You have now confirmed it to be true.  The more that comes to light of this sort of behaviour from the organizers, the worse it gets for the survival of the show..... (War and Peace Survival?)

Where are all the good examples ? Where are all the positive posts about the show ?  (the ones from the exhibitors obviously)

Looks like the old saying “You can fool all of the people some of time; you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time.” ..is coming to the last sentence for the majority of the exhibitors and the stallholders too. 

UPDATE: 

I have just looked through old e-mails. 
On 6th July 2020 I received a mail about cancelled show in 2020. There was a note in red that the office was closed til 10th of August and to defer your ticket or claim refund you had to "click here".
There was also a note that "for all enquiries remember being NICE does work when speaking or writing to people"
I was not booked in, so I never tried to follow the link, therefore I don't know if or how it worked. 
Of course, if you never recieved the email, even if you were booked in, you would not know of this.

Then on 3rd of March 2021 I get an e-mail stating that the 2021 show is cancelled. In this e-mail, there is a statement: " all tickets and stall derferals remain valid. These will be transferred to the 2022 event automatically for you " 

Good management would have been more forthcoming to those who have experienced trouble with defering the bookings, no matter the reason.  "being NICE" seems to be a one way street in Beltring. 

 

Edited by Christian F.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...