Snow 2012

Marmite!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A government warning said that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, extra clothing (including hat,scarf and gloves), 24 hour supply of food n drink, de-icer, rock salt, torch, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads.

I looked a rite pratt on the bus this morning. biggrin.gif

Bloody hell of a day! The great unwashed were panic buying for the next ice age, roads jammed solid! Yesterday at 05:00 a little man started at the bottom of Orpington High Street spreading spreading salt out of a barrow, at 10:00 he reached the other end. All through today people have bene scuffing it off. Just got in at 01:00 from a night with friends, snow coming down with purpose. Got a mission later this morning to get a friend's kid out from the locla Scout camp at Done. The joys of a Discovery, will get to play with my snow chains yet!

Hi all,

For those who think it doesn't snow in central south-west France, you're wrong.

Minus 12 last night,three inches and it's throwing it down for the rest of the day.

No water, input pipes frozen, however, forecast was spot-on, so lots of chopped wood for the wood-burner and going outside now to use some snow for washing and flushing the 'loo!

Don't you just love the winter!

Stay safe,

Bw

Mike.

I feel left out

Only got soggy grass here, I think the cubeletes feel hard done by too! They had plans to build snowmen and everything. Oh well never mind hope you all enjoy the snow and make sure you all stay safe. Someone build me a snowman and take a photo for me please?!!!!!

Edited by rosie

I feel left out

Only got soggy grass here, I think the cubeletes feel hard done by too! They had plans to build snowmen and everything. Oh well never mind hope you all enjoy the snow and make sure you all stay safe. Someone build me a snowman and take a photo for me please?!!!!!

7" here Rosie

IMG00111-20120205-1003.jpg

IMG00113-20120205-1003.jpg

IMG00115-20120205-1004.jpg

None in 'Costa de Chorley' bit of fog early and sun out now. Sadly freezing fog this morning stopped going to the Preston Arms Fair near Accrington (?). It would nice to have a 'big toy' to play with in the snow? Perhaps not jobs tomorrow.

Lots of light drifting snow here in Cambridgeshire. Here's the view first thing this morning.

2146527390099353463S600x600Q85.jpg

I had thought of taking the truck for a run round the village, but the main road had been cleared and very heavily salted, so I thought better of it... :angel:

Keep safe everyone

Ian

Nothing really in Bath, got some yesterday afternoon, settled and washed away by rain mid-evening, hardly anything left this morning.:-(

Worst thing was the clouds blocked out the Sky tv satalite last evening for a few hours, missed my dog racing!