Snow 2012

Marmite!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes you're right Tony but young lambs are vulnerable to constant wet weather, wind or no but in this case they had suffocated after being buried in drifts.

Bad time mate. I remember back in the '70's a guy called Lamprell had an indoor lambing shed built on Exmoor. It was showed off as the best thing in the county. A few weks after there was the worst snow I've ever known, the whole lot fell in. He lost close on 300 ewes and lambs. Who'd be a Farmer?

Bad time mate. I remember back in the '70's a guy called Lamprell had an indoor lambing shed built on Exmoor. It was showed off as the best thing in the county. A few weks after there was the worst snow I've ever known, the whole lot fell in. He lost close on 300 ewes and lambs. Who'd be a Farmer?

Same thing happened on quite a large scale in Scotland last year, all sorts of buildings collapsed under weight of snow, killed a lot of livestock, wrecked machinery etc.

• 7 months later...
A government warning said that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, extra clothing (including hat,scarf and gloves), 24 hour supply of food n drink, de-icer, rock salt, torch, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads.

I looked a rite pratt on the bus this morning. biggrin.gif

Funny isn't it? 'THEY' are telling everyone to prepare for the Artic, be prepared to cook your passenger if you see a snow flake, fit M&S tyres and snow chians. But still expect the buses to run on time.....:yawn: M25 Snafu around Dartford, grannie out a 5 mph paniciking if a car coem towrds them, BMW man out wheel spinning , ogh the joys of London traffice.

We had snow on monday but it melted soon enough.

About being prepared.

I have enough supplies in my car to survive for a week or so in relative luxury.

But do take a few blankets in your car.

It may take a while in a emergency to get help and if the engine is dead, so is the heater...

Edited by Enigma

No snow here on Sunny Hayling Island. Bit of a frost though.

Sat here on my lunch break watching the squirrels play in the nursery garden, sky blue and not a cloud in sight, a very gentle breeze. Looks gorgeous but it's flippin freezing!!!!!

I feel left out

Only got soggy grass here, I think the cubeletes feel hard done by too! They had plans to build snowmen and everything. Oh well never mind hope you all enjoy the snow and make sure you all stay safe. Someone build me a snowman and take a photo for me please?!!!!!

leave the soft south and go north young woman where men are men and woman still do the washing by hand.:-D