Snow 2012

Marmite!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've had snow last friday, whole country grind to a halt (ofcourse). Havn't been out in the snow my the Dodge though...

You be a good man, and keep your Dodge nice and warm and dry, you would`nt leave a nice old lady out in this weather, would you ????? No of course not.

We've hardly had any snow in Tyne & Wear. We got just enough on Saturday to turn the roads white, but it didn't lay on the grass. 50 miles south into North Yorkshire, there was two to three inches; enough to make our road run fun, but by Monday, it was all gone back home. Just cold and chucking it down with rain for the last couple of days.

Nothing like last year when I achieved this. I've been most disappointed I wasn't able to do better this year.

155604_159319874111454_100001003274580_272210_8006365_n.jpg

I'm in Hornchurch (Essex) too. We had at least 6" on Saturday night and I had to go up to Stafford on Sunday to collect a load of spares from someone who was over from Ireland.

With a shovel and a flask on board I had very clear and successful journeys both ways but did spot a lot of snowmen in the central reservation of the M25 and M1, several abandonded vehicles, a jack-knifed lorry and several cars parked up embankments.

Sometimes you have to just cross your fingers and go for it.