Snow 2012

Marmite!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No snow here on the south coast, sky looks full of it though!

Just been to local shop to stock up on supplies, you know Chardonnay, special offer beer, Pringles, crisps and a bottle of washing up liquid (cos we have run out!!)

Stay safe and have fun!!! Pictures please :)

Love from Rosie x

That looks beautiful! Here is the view from my kitchen window!!! The Isle of Wight has disappeared which often means rain here soon!!! it's usually on the horizon with the sea in the centre of the photo. Sky looks ominous though!

Love from Rosie x

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328373099.230776.jpg

about -3 ish here........light snow since about 12... sticking but not on the main roads .....

I don't mind it myself....I actually like the way the general public panics like hell and runs around like headless chickens madly buying 'supplies'.......you'd think we actually lived in the middle of Montana the way folk behave

besides.like someone else said earlier...I gotta justify the running expense of a 4X4 for the rest of the year ! hahah :-D

A government warning said that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, extra clothing (including hat,scarf and gloves), 24 hour supply of food n drink, de-icer, rock salt, torch, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads.

I looked a rite pratt on the bus this morning. biggrin.gif

I don't mind it myself....I actually like the way the general public panics like hell and runs around like headless chickens madly buying 'supplies'.......

I never gave that a thought this morning when I did my weekly visit to Sainsburys, did wonder why the car park was so full, but put it down to being later than usual. Then at the check out i heard someone say they should be OK for supplies if they get snowed in ....... !!! :-D

I never gave that a thought this morning when I did my weekly visit to Sainsburys, did wonder why the car park was so full, but put it down to being later than usual. Then at the check out i heard someone say they should be OK for supplies if they get snowed in ....... !!! :-D

hahhaah !..

... I just nipped out cos we had no milk and had literally the last plastic can off the shelf in our local supermarket...every size of canister had gone and the lady on the checkout said "oooh! you were lucky! that's the last of it, we won't get any tomorrow if it snows!".... also there was no bread and hardly any veg ..

crazy ....some folk are absolutely crazy I reckons :-\...or ....

maybe it's just plain ol' human nature that some folk gotta have somthing to panic/worry over?

A government warning said that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, extra clothing (including hat,scarf and gloves), 24 hour supply of food n drink, de-icer, rock salt, torch, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads.

I looked a rite pratt on the bus this morning. biggrin.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here in Holland we had about 5 cm of snow on Friday, resulted in trains no longer running and 700+ kms of traffic jams. The latter because people went home early to avoid the traffic jams :nut:

Last night lowest recorded temperature since 27 years was -22,9 deg. C

Brrrr