upside down tanks

fesm_ndt

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this one, Chatham hill, it seems that no one was hurt but the cafe' had to be demolished.

This sort of "accident" was known to happen when the driver took the Diamond "T" out of gear and coasted down hill, they would be pumping on the brakes to check the speed, only to find that they were not replacing the air, by the time that they realized they struggled to try to get back into gear, gaining more speed all the time and losing control.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The 'artisticly' placed upside down one is an Israeli conversion of a Sherman, fitted with HVSS suspension and the wider tracks and a diesel conversion (I think they were Cummins). I think that one was a M4A4 because of the bogie spacing but it is a bit hard to see.

David

The 'artisticly' placed upside down one is an Israeli conversion of a Sherman, fitted with HVSS suspension and the wider tracks and a diesel conversion (I think they were Cummins). I think that one was a M4A4 because of the bogie spacing but it is a bit hard to see.

David

i wondered if it was something like that as didnt appear to be as wide as the newer tank.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...