upside down tanks

fesm_ndt

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

icon1.png http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/vatryk/...366447?page=45

One of those non .whatever pictures, so I can't copy it.

2nd computer I've tried to access the fotki site tonight both times got no further than a frozen sceen, probably due to the micky mouse quality of both the site itself and the idiots who overload their vanity photo sites.

If a site blocks photo download the simplest answer is prtsc and copy to paint or photoshop.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

In the late 1990s there was a StuG M42 105mm (if I recall correctly) recovered from a road in downtown Rimini, so it's poosble that wrecks are still under the italian road system but considering how high the Sherman in the photo is lying I would think it would recovered- even if it was cut up as was the T34 that fell into an entrance to an underground tunnel in Berlin.

It is almost certainly a Sherman as opposed to anything else note the soldier gazing intently at where the hull floor access hatch would be - a certainly necessary examination to see if anyone or any remains were in the tank. The only other three piece differential AFVs that could in the hole would be M7, Sexton or M3 Grant -none of which had floor access hatches. There is a lot of recovery stuff available to engineers for the recovery.

Steve

Edited by steveo578
addition

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Two in the same day....... I am either reading the right books or I am in serious troubles

Mind you the German operating manual are more interesting to look at as it appears treating your tank like semi naked women was an acceptable training techinique

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53821[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53822[/ATTACH]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...