Snow..

Marmite!!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Capital, had a faint dusting this morning all gone now but still chuffing cold. I blame that lot in Kent, to lazy to push it over the North Downs. Quite bizzarley the snow seems to reach the bottom of Polhill and stop.

No snowing today, but what came down on Friday is still hanging around....not a good sign

Nice pics :) Well it keeps snowing on and off in the north east ,

doesn't seem to be getting much deeper , just replacing whats melted ,

anyhow what a day I've had :cry:,I got another car the other week so went out to start my old one to give to the father in-law , its not been out for over a week I put it in reverse and stalled it ,handbrake cable froze :argh: after a short while with the engine running i was able to pull the handbrake enough for the cable to come free :) select reverse right hand down all of a sudden twang twang rattle :argh::argh: I new from the pitch of the noise a piece of metal hitting the the floor that it was the front coil spring :argh: on investigating both front coils had snapped , I went in to show the other half "where have you found them" she said before I had chance to explain , after I told her what happened she said I thought they were horse shoes :argh: both strut tops had froze so as I turned the steering it put pressure on the spring causing it to snap ,, I then rang a brother to tell him and he said that other brothers car had done just the same the day before :argh: if they could have told me before I might have been more cautious , so now I have to fix the car i was giving away , All I've had to replace in 50,000 miles is brake pads and now this happens

get them sledges ready Jack. They have put Hampshire (yeah I know you are in Dorset but its close enough!) on a 5 out 5 severe weather warning with a tag of 'take action now'!!!!!!!! If we do get 16 inches, as forecast, I will eat my hat!!!!!!!!!! yep thats right, the slightly less than white one with the badges on it!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is that much snow don't forget to remove it from flat roofs.

It can get very heavy.

And the general advice, take blankets with you in the car.

In the Ardennen the car died in the middle of nowwhere, we went to re-enact so were well dressed. Still annoying to see icecrystals forming on the windows while wating for roadside assistance...

Just looked at the forcast and noticed a Severe Weather Warning for Oxfordshire. We are forcast up to 16 inches of Snow!!! YES, bring it on. If it's that bad I will have to call in and tell work I'm not coming in, I don't want to be driving a truck in that!! Still will have to wait and see as you never get what they say...

had nearly 5 inches of snow today, freezing now and no sign of a gritter when i went out at 6 .30.

I know mate, was told by a friend of mine that you had snow in Blackpool, she kept sendind me pictures to my mobile phone, snow on the beach etc!!!

Mark

PS, snowing here now, we had a heavy fall this morning, but is a constant fine fall now

Just looked at the forcast and noticed a Severe Weather Warning for Oxfordshire. We are forcast up to 16 inches of Snow!!! YES, bring it on. If it's that bad I will have to call in and tell work I'm not coming in, I don't want to be driving a truck in that!! Still will have to wait and see as you never get what they say...

Do you use snow chains these days ?

get them sledges ready Jack. They have put Hampshire (yeah I know you are in Dorset but its close enough!) on a 5 out 5 severe weather warning with a tag of 'take action now'!!!!!!!! If we do get 16 inches, as forecast, I will eat my hat!!!!!!!!!! yep thats right, the slightly less than white one with the badges on it!!!!!!!!!!!

You better be telling the truth Rosie!!!