Snow..

Marmite!!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its trying to snow here again, at the moment its just icing suger sprinkles coming down but god knows what we will wake up to in the morning! I cant believe that we still have about 3 inches of snow/ice lying around and yet we live right on the seaside! Its never hung around like this!!!!!!!!!

we live right on the seaside! Its never hung around like this!!!!!!!!!

Hi Rosie,

In 1963 it hung around until March ........and the sea froze in North Kent.

We have had snow all day, quite light at times, but wind getting up and drifting in East Kent, Deal was cut off this morning. Think it is about 8 inches deep at present, but still snowing. Up until now, we have escaped a lot of what the rest of Kent has had, but it is catching up with us now. :(

its trying to snow here again, at the moment its just icing suger sprinkles coming down but god knows what we will wake up to in the morning! I cant believe that we still have about 3 inches of snow/ice lying around and yet we live right on the seaside! Its never hung around like this!!!!!!!!!

Same here in Blackpool ,sick of it lying here !more due next day or two i believe...

The snow here in Oxfordshire is much the same as it was on Wednesday. I had to knock of the icicles hanging down outside my house. A four foot one fell off and landed beside my front door so something had to be done. More snow is due tonight/tomorrow. Saying that though I did see a very pretty girl in a microscopically short skirt today, so maybe Spring is on its way. I was looking across the road at some icicles hanging over the pavement. She wandered into my line of view. She must have thought i was staring at her as she gave me a great big smile and wave. Made my day. At this stage i normally spoil these magical moments by falling over or being attacked by an angry mob, but nothing like this happened, so i just wandered back home.

Tim

So I guess your car has to be kept warm to avoid fuel and oil freezing?

Actually that's true! I make sure to use the car every day to avoid problems. Since this is my day off from work I had no use for it today, but took it for a drive anyway. I have several neighbours with battery problems and higher up the street the water pipes are frozen. We haven't had any problems so far, I only hope it'll stay that way.

Marty

Hi Rosie,

In 1963 it hung around until March ........and the sea froze in North Kent.

We have had snow all day, quite light at times, but wind getting up and drifting in East Kent, Deal was cut off this morning. Think it is about 8 inches deep at present, but still snowing. Up until now, we have escaped a lot of what the rest of Kent has had, but it is catching up with us now. :(

Hi to you Richard :)

:shocked: March!!!!!!!!! Blimey. Hope it goes quicker than that! The sea is still flowing here but beach is covered in snow (its really bizarre to see the beach deep in snow!)

Seems to be changing to rain round here. Just praying it doesn't freeze up. So far we have kept a service going, and the compliments from passengers have mad it a pleasure to go to work! One person did get on yesterday and complained 'Your late!' an old lady at the back piped up 'Well what the hell do you expect! ' I just sat there and laughed.

Hi to you Richard :)

:shocked: March!!!!!!!!! Blimey. Hope it goes quicker than that! The sea is still flowing here but beach is covered in snow (its really bizarre to see the beach deep in snow!)

There is actual snow on the beaches in Jersey!! The last time I remeber that was 1963.