Snow..

Marmite!!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday 21st Dec

It snowed in Reading today, must have been 2-3 inches. It locked Reading up solid for Traffic. I picked up my Wife from her work, a journey that should take 20-30 minutes, but today I left at 19:45 and returned home at 23:45. There were abandoned and broken down cars everywhere. Local radio said it was the busiess day for the RAC for 10 years.

Did see a Range Rover towing vans up the hill where I live, wonder what he was charging?

On a brighter note, it's the shortest day today. The days get longer from now.

quite a lot landed here last night , all the main roads are dangerous , no gritters been out at all!......

Was in the car park at Tescos, Lakeside yesterday at about 16:30 -ish when it suddenly fell down with snow again. Took 3 hours to get home on a route that took 20 minutes getting there in the morning. Roads were sheets of ice under the fresh snow with vehicles going every where. Still quite bad this morning when I had to go to the Health Centre for blood tests. On the way home at 10:00 I passed near the council depot to see the gritters FINALLY coming out together with the tippers for the roadside bins on the pavement......

Was in the car park at Tescos, Lakeside yesterday at about 16:30 -ish when it suddenly fell down with snow again. Took 3 hours to get home on a route that took 20 minutes getting there in the morning.

Left Sainsburys in Brentwood at 3.15pm & got home at 8.45pm 5.5hours for a journey of 1.5miles:argh: nothing could get up Brook Street Hill which in turn blocked the M25, A12, A127 & A128. Brought Brentwood, Billericay etc to a stand still.

Left Sainsburys in Brentwood at 3.15pm & got home at 8.45pm 5.5hours for a journey of 1.5miles:argh: nothing could get up Brook Street Hill which in turn blocked the M25, A12, A127 & A128. Brought Brentwood, Billericay etc to a stand still.

Could you not have walked home? Did you have the shopping on the roof to stop your chips thawing out?:idea:

It was incredible. I took 3.5 hours to get into London on main roads...(and fifty minutes to get home again once the lunacy had ended)

The local roads in my area are just sheet ice. There has been no gritting. Without breaking into genuine politics - because we don't - if someone wants to form a True Grit party for my local area, I might vote for you one of these years when my favourite Raving Loony one parent family surfer dude anti-jedwardite gives up the ghost.

There's nothing like policies - just ask your insurance agent.

M:coffee::-\

Think it is the same everywhere in our part of the world . Had to go out this morning and the main roads are pretty much clear now but as soon as you turn off into any side road it is solid ice from one pavement to the other.

Strangely enough as I was driving into town there was a piece on the radio during which the talking head was saying that the policy of most local authorities now is one of it being far cheaper to pay a few compensation claims by those who fall and are injured than it is to pay for their teams to go out clearing roads and pavements .