Scammell Crusader Gallery

• 2 weeks later...

.... After something of a backwards and forwards battle, mostly backwards, with our friends down at DVLA I finally managed to get my Crusader registered and went for a little joyride at the weekend in celebration.

Thought the registration that I eventually got was rather fitting and the wife, using every ounce of her vivid imagination has now christened the green monster "HULK"

Took her from the workshops to home where the kids adorned the front for a nice picture.....

scammellkids.jpg

.... and then took the little guy for a trip to a friends farm where we store a couple of our vintage tractors......

Think the excitement was all to much for him!!

lorcanasleep.jpg

Next jolly will be the Scammell Run from Croxley Green to the old Scammell works in Watford this coming September but I have a feeling that HULK will be out and about quite a lot before then after all it is a working vehicle and needs to pay its way!!

Edited by Plantters

• 3 weeks later...

After a long time of work on my "Roadhouse" herewith two pictures from the next step of restoration. I hope to get ready with it for the "Oldtimerlastwagen Treffen Wörnitz" (vintage lorry event at Wörnitz/Bavaria) at September.

2672537.jpg

2672538.jpg

After a long time of work on my "Roadhouse" herewith two pictures from the next step of restoration. I hope to get ready with it for the "Oldtimerlastwagen Treffen Wörnitz" (vintage lorry event at Wörnitz/Bavaria) at September.

2672537.jpg

Crusader mit Zylinderhut:)

Never seen a cab like that before..........??? Is it a sleeper pod, or is it a storage area?

If it's a sleeper conversion, it looks to have been nicely made. Could it have been made by a company like Jennings who did cab conversions for the likes of ERF etc. Any possibility of pictures of the inside of it please? :)