Scammell Crusader Gallery

Thanks John,

Thats not so bad then... I have that plate so should be ok.

Interested in the Ministry plate you have there.

Your Gross train weight is shown as being 38 tonne and a design weight of 40... the same weights as the 20 tonner although your chassis number has it as a 35 Ton RE Tractor, the very last of contract 1 # WV10312. The 67th vehicle of 67!

I also see that they have you down as 22.5 tyre size, is this a cock up on their part or have you changed rims etc?

Want to run mine at the specified 61 tonne gross STGO cat 2 which will obviously mean a higher rate of duty and also higher axle and train weights.... Where will I be able to find out that info or will VOSA already have it for those vehicles.....?

Any info you can give me regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for posting the pictures.

Thanks John,

Thats not so bad then... I have that plate so should be ok.

Interested in the Ministry plate you have there.

Your Gross train weight is shown as being 38 tonne and a design weight of 40... the same weights as the 20 tonner although your chassis number has it as a 35 Ton RE Tractor, the very last of contract 1 # WV10312. The 67th vehicle of 67!

I also see that they have you down as 22.5 tyre size, is this a cock up on their part or have you changed rims etc?

Want to run mine at the specified 61 tonne gross STGO cat 2 which will obviously mean a higher rate of duty and also higher axle and train weights.... Where will I be able to find out that info or will VOSA already have it for those vehicles.....?

Any info you can give me regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for posting the pictures.

The plate cert only shows what it can operate at under C&U (I think) you will need a special types plate from the manufacturer ? now that poses a problem !

With regards to the tyres, my Crusader was presented for its first test with 11.00x20 tyres fitted, their computed could not handle that as in 1997 all new trucks were on tubless tyres, so they put it down as 11-22.5 their judgement not mine.

It is just about to have a change to some very nice Continental 12.00x20s I have bought.

Hi John,

Overall Length 8300mm

Wheelbase, front axle to bogie centre 4572mm

Unladen weights

Front axle 6096KG

Rear bogie 10365KG

Weight info taken from the Scammell plate inside cab

UK Laden weights.................. Design weights

Front Axle ..6610KG.................. 6610kg

2nd Axle ....9400kg ..................11430kg

3rd Axle ....9400kg ...................11430kg

GVW ........24390kg ..................24390kg

GTW ........32520kg ..................46740kg

Hope that helps

Edited by Plantters

Hi John,

Overall Length 8300mm

Wheelbase, front axle to bogie centre 4572mm

Unladen weights

Front axle 6096KG

Rear bogie 10365KG

Weight info taken from the Scammell plate inside cab

UK Laden weights.................. Design weights

Front Axle ..6610KG.................. 6610kg

2nd Axle ....9400kg ..................11430kg

3rd Axle ....9400kg ...................11430kg

GVW ........24390kg ..................24390kg

GTW ........32520kg ..................46740kg

Hope that helps

Thanks Nigel, Just what I wanted.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was on the RCT MDT in the mid eighties, got to drive this! The load was a MK2 Stalwart and JCB 410 Fork Lift, which as you see just fitted. Page 1 of this thread featured 23GT99 while I drove 24GT00. Nice truck slow though, especially when we travelled from Plymouth to Scotland at 30mph. Got very interesting north of the border as our movement order directed us via Fort William and round in a loop to the show site, which I think was in/near Elgin. Very narrow roads for a 60 foot long rig with an trailer around 11 feet wide

:shocked:

Andy

Scammell Crusader.jpg

Hi Guys,

In the middle doing a revamp of my Crusader website and would like a little help please.

I want to know when the first Crusader was made available and how long they were produced.

I have a detailed breakdown of the Military Crusader numbers but would also like to know numbers, with dates if possible, of the civvilian versions.

Any other info regarding the Crusader would be greatfully recieved whether it be technical or your own memories of the truck.

If you decide to write anything about the truck from personal experiences please let me know if it is ok to publish it on the website.

Many thanks

Nigel

recymech, I suspect that's the same scrap yard as my previous post ;-)

I agree it most probably is, I have found another couple of scrap yards, 1 in Ypsonas near Kolossi (see my photo album for pics of Scammell Explorer) and 1 in Larnaca which also has a couple of Scammell explorer plus a few other Mil vehicles but haven't had chance to get close enough for a better look.:-D