Scammell Crusader Gallery

32 minutes ago, radiomike7 said:

Look what I came across today, an ex JK Recovery Amazon looking very sad and neglected.  I knew the owner and thought it was to be restored but no such luck.

Interesting headlights on that! Similar to mine when it was first in service:
66266577_10219403805661557_6157018073321701376_o.thumb.jpg.558964e3adbd85432edb159d18ab353b.jpg

65970861_10219399738399878_3929079371356176384_o.thumb.jpg.933ada624e7de9ded8fd4bbc8addb19e.jpg

Out of curiosity what is the truck behind that Amazon wrecker?

47 minutes ago, radiomike7 said:

It is a stretched civilian tractor, R.E./R.E.M.E did not run Amazons. 

I didn't pay attention to the one behind it.

Yea I know they didnt run Amazons, just not seen many Crusader/Amazons with single round headlights before I was sent the service pics of mine. Normally see the twin rounds and the civvi squares.

Sorry, I did not see page 11.

The reason why they would have done the headlamp conversion is that for a long time the original Crusader headlamp units were very hard to come by. I think that they were made by Ciebie.

John

27 minutes ago, attleej said:

Sorry, I did not see page 11.

The reason why they would have done the headlamp conversion is that for a long time the original Crusader headlamp units were very hard to come by. I think that they were made by Ciebie.

John

From memory they were sourced from a car, possibly the Hillman Hunter.  Cibie produced a halogen bulbed version of the original sealed beam units making it suitable for 12 and 24v.

Definitely an Amazon John,  I seem to remember it was one of the last ones to be registered.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...