My new truck - MK48 LVS

tokarev

I find it highly amusing if not warped that your government allows you to buy that considering all the B/S that exists under the ITAR controls that all of us up here are enjoying.

Cudos to you for being able to buy it and own it and presumably operate it on the road.

Is there an add on hydraulic crane for the rear?

R

Mr Craig,

Let me knock the ball back in your court (watching beach volley ball - olympic) I was very surprised that they (the gov) let these be sold without a demill order - we cant buy surplus amour here in the states. These have no amour but the gov here in the states is scared of their own shadow. In recent surplus sales they have had demill orders on stripped cabs from these types of vehicles so I to was surprised to see them without demill. I manufacture firearms for a living - ITAR is a joke. Now back to you guys in England - You can buy tanks and APC's yet not a pistol or rifle - whats up with that. Thank god you guys can buy that stuff though - so we can bring it over here to play with too.

There is a rear section that has a drop side bed and retractable crane - on my list.

Title and tags shouldnt be a problem

Planning on a trip to the War and Peace show in 2013 - hope to meet some of you guys.

Walter Keller

I find it highly amusing if not warped that your government allows you to buy that considering all the B/S that exists under the ITAR controls that all of us up here are enjoying.

Cudos to you for being able to buy it and own it and presumably operate it on the road.

Is there an add on hydraulic crane for the rear?

R

I just don't get it - there seems no good reason for sale controls ?? , obviously very nice to have BUT it is basically a "crane carrier".

When the Russians had to scrap (chop up) ballistic missile carriers under one of the Strategic Arms Limitation Talks , then a loop-hole was to use them as crane carriers. ISTR the Dutch & Belgians used a few ,,

They do sound good - lucky I have space behind my shop to exercise them while I wait for titles to arrive. The whole idea of demilling perfectly good equipment is sick. The US has thousands of M113's in storage, along with MRAPS built for the sandbox and Humvee's. Instead of selling them to the high bidder they will most likely end up scrapped. To me its a sad thing to see happen. The US fell into the arm's treaty game and cut up B52's - then later on came up short on spare parts.