mk6 cromwell

Congratulations mate! I bet that smile lasted all day :cheesy:

He was still smiling when he passed our house in his van on the way home, and thats 30 miles away, well done RIck and the team !

I

Turn up that volume full blast...hope your speakers are gudduns, it's probably one the best sound recordings you will get.

Hope they are of some use to you Old Git... :)

Taken with Canon 650D and one of these for about 30 quid.

308177116_640.jpg

Edited by ashtonpete

thanks for posting up the clip pete, i can't think of a better way of spending money than running up a meteor. it was worth every penny :cool2:

if the engine checks out after another thorough test run then it will be time to engage 2nd gear and move it around bob's yard a bit. i feel a neutral turn coming on !

rick

Fantastic Picture and video Pete! I love the gubbins! You can look at all the pretty pictures of spruced up Cromwells (and they do look nice) but seeing nice close-up shots of under the engine deck and inside the fighting compartment are even more beautiful. Keep 'em coming mate...I'm hooked!!!

Pete,

do you have any pics of the business ends of the roadspring and shock absorber cases? The parts were they connect to the frame and to the bell-cranked, swing arms? I've got the drawings and some basic pictures but I'd like a few up-close shots so I can see how they actually look!

Apologies if I'm being a pest mate but it's all going to a good cause. I'll post up a few pics of the running gears parts that I've already made so you can see what your pics have helped me do!

I would like to report that today, Sunday 19th May 2013, at approximatly 1500 hours that the person known as AshtonPete succesfully moved the A27M Cromwell a distance of 18 inches forwards and 12inches to the rear.

The reason it was inched forward was to rotate the drums 180 degrees to fit the split couplings. They are now successfully completed. It is now ready for a proper test run off the button. Rick, it slots in 1st and reverse really smooth and the clutch bites perfectly half way. Neutral turns are yet to be tested, but like I said, we need to adjust those shoes now that we can rotate the drums. But as opposed to moving her for that, I suggest 1st gear and use starter because of the final drive reduction gear ratio being too low when moved which causes the drum to rotate much too fast to line up access hole with adjuster.

Edited by ashtonpete