mk6 cromwell

not updated for a while as I've been too busy but we are finally getting there, today was a good day the turret was fitted and the main gun put into position although the cradle has not been fitted yet, that will be tomorrows job. roll on w&p

2013-07-10 17.57.50.jpg

Can't wait to see it in the flesh Rick, how far are you from w&p?

Bill.

I'll answer on Ricks behalf as he is very busy, 293 miles each way by the route they will be taking (avoiding Dartford crossing and its toll for wide loads).

alastair the hole is to enable the main gun to be removed without having to take the turret off. sorry to anyone that I don't reply too please don't think i'm being ignorant, i'm just ridiculously busy trying to get it ready to go to w&p but whatever it looks like it's getting loaded and going down on Monday :nut:

IMG_1030_zps07300957.jpg

Just a couple I shot today. The Normandy Cowl is now fitted this morning (Excellent fabrication Adrian). Rick and Colin are on Gun and breech and still grafting like crazy when I left the yard at 7:30pm tonight. (I needed my SubWay roll)

I'll be there at W&P, like Rick I will drive through the night avoiding the sun and traffic.

IMG_1031_zpsd5f6a656.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]79239[/ATTACH]

Just a couple I shot today. The Normandy Cowl is now fitted this morning (Excellent fabrication Adrian). Rick and Colin are on Gun and breech and still grafting like crazy when I left the yard at 7:30pm tonight. (I needed my SubWay roll)

I'll be there at W&P, like Rick I will drive through the night avoiding the sun and traffic.

Great fabrication its going to be an awesome War and Peace

According to "Villers Bocage through the lens" the 7th Armoured Division were the only British division to use the Cromwell as their main fighting vehicle (although other used them as part of the division or as an independent unit). One of the Cromwells in the book is called "Shufti Cush" (looking good).

There are a some good photos of Cromwells in the book if you've not seen it already.