Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

A Grumman C2A Greyhound leaving the circuit at RNAS Yeovilton, about 17.30 hrs. It was going away from me, and as I'd never seen one before, it took me some time to find out what it was.

Also seen, a highly civilianised Lightweight Land Rover in the public car park at Three Okefords Preservation Society Rally, Shillingstone.

Another member I've spotted, Chris G in his Champ and Trailer looking cool in his shades traveling past clacket lane serivces Clockwise on the M25 today at 16.55 hrs

Coming back from the bunker bash didn't see you :embarrassed:

I saw this pulling out of the Imber Village road just before lunch today

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/yvonneparsons/Army%20Div/100_0959.jpg

A Man Recovery vehicle with a WW2 Priest ? on the rear trailer

Cheers

Nick

Yep, i saw that too going anti-clockwise on the M25, although its actually a Sexton. I'm guessing it yours again Adrian? How do you manage to rope the army into moving your toys around for you?

Richard

Yep, i saw that too going anti-clockwise on the M25, although its actually a Sexton. I'm guessing it yours again Adrian? How do you manage to rope the army into moving your toys around for you?

Richard

at a guess fiming on the plains?

You are all corect , we were filming on the plains with the REME , as the saying goes its not what you know but who you know !!!! . The REME did the transport to keep the cost down for the film , a awsome bit of kit the MAN and trailer , it was as much fun loading the Sexton on Saturday afternoon and turning the rig around at my farm as it was on the film set !!!!

is this a film / programme we can look forward to seeing on the telly at some point?

I asked while I was there and the answer is Yes, it will be on TV, but they haven't sold the programme yet, so I don't know which channel or when it will be on. It might be a 'one-off' or it could be the start of a series. My guess is it could be sometime in the Autumn in the months before Christmas, but that is just a guess.

Also spotted today, 5 Hawker Hunters (yes, five!) doing display over RNAS Yeovilton. Was first made aware when I heard a rushing sound as the first one arrived, I thought it was coming into the flat for breakfast! Have posted pics in Aviation forum.

Are you sure Paul? You lucky............... one of the most beautiful things ever to take to the air!

Absolutely agree with you on that, such a beautiful aircraft, have just put some pics in the Aviation forum. The Sea Vixen was out yesterday but too far away for pics.