Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Not today, but some time ago, it's still there though. Wells Reclamation has a Bloodhound missile in its yard that has been there a while, and driving by last week also saw the barrel of what appears to be an anti aircraft gun. Traced their website today, and they also have a T34 tank. The yard is on the A39 Wells to Glastonbury road.

t34.jpg

wells reclamation.jpg

Who owns Wells Reclamation? I can remember my Dad having deaings with a Sqn ldr Oakferry from that area in the 80,s and he was RAF Regt so maybe a connection with the Bloodhound and AA Guns.

Christian

Can't find a name on their website,

Paul.

Last week I watched 'South Today' on BBC about an Air Raid shelter being restored near Bournemouth. Some Jeeps, GMCs and Motorcyces were there - anyone here own any of the vehicles?

This was the Dorset MVT visiting a local school with an Air Raid shelter being restored.

John Ilot owns the GMC they also a Dorset Home guard van and a couple of Jeeps in attendance I believe.

HTH

Steve

Off they go, our bedfords finally backloaded to Withams (5 in total from my Sqn and about 20 across the regiment), next the UBREs and DAFs with the MAN SVs taking their place. The buyers will be pleased - all recently refurbished, loads of new parts and low mileages etc

Gary

06042011137.jpg

06042011136.jpg

06032011095.jpg

05032011082.jpg

Off they go, our bedfords finally backloaded to Withams (5 in total from my Sqn and about 20 across the regiment), next the UBREs and DAFs with the MAN SVs taking their place. The buyers will be pleased - all recently refurbished, loads of new parts and low mileages etc

Gary

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43720[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]43721[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]43722[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]43723[/ATTACH]

Ah which one to have ;)

Al

Gary

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43720[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]43721[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]43722[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]43723[/ATTACH]

Same in My lot...DAF's turned up then buggered off back to be replaced soon with MANs..I will miss the old Bedfords, even though they were a pig on long trips!

Wonder how long we get to keep the MANs before they cull us eh ? :wow:

Same in My lot...DAF's turned up then buggered off back to be replaced soon with MANs..I will miss the old Bedfords, even though they were a pig on long trips!

Wonder how long we get to keep the MANs before they cull us eh ? :wow:

Yep the old Bedfords served us well, all the way to BAOR exercises and back (full o duty free yellow handbags lol) The Mans are all push button plastic and not Squaddy Proof!

Next thing will be the DROPS then it's back to old palletised loads and forklifts etc.

Re you and 7 Scots -I must have come across you in my 37 yrs service, to date, at some time or other as I trained all your Asslt Pnrs at Ripon and been on some courses with Frankie at Forthside.

Ex 15 & 4 Para now STR

Seen north bound on the M3 about to join the M25, 2 low loaders each carrying "a tank"

Now, I have to say at this point that as I was joining the M3 south bound at the time I was not in a position to have a good look but they both looked pretty stripped with no tracks and missing various idlers....they may also have been without turrets.... the main impression was green/long/low.

On a website, this wrecked MV at a training site in Yorkshire, on Defence Estates website under filming locations. Part of Catterick I think.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/WhatWeDo/DefenceEstateandEnvironment/MODFilmLocations/Yorkshire/WinneyhillTrainingCamp.htm

Ferret!! Don't suppose anyone has access to get the hull number?

A very nice looking Austin Champ traveling up Huddersfield Road from Oldham towards Austerlands...3 people on board and i think it was complete with radio gear....

I was quite jealous as it was a lovely day and i wasnt out in my Landy..

cheers

Mike