Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

b of b lancaster over my house about 500 ft

Hmmm someone had better tell the guys that run Wartime in the Vale then that it was running, as according to what was announced over the tannoy the Lancaster had engine problems so it was unlikely to make an appearance at the show today - and it didn't.

the spitfire and hurricane followed along about an hour later

I was sat in a beer garden in Huddersfield at about 2-3pm and saw a spitfire and hurricane fly directly over side by side.... no-one else in the garden looked up.... heathons! :)

Sometimes they turn up and other times they don't.

From xperience you only find out reasons for no shows when it is an official flypast.

These are quite comprehensively listed on their website and a downloadable spreadsheet with take off/landing spots and times, even down to ID the aircraft (weel S1 - 5 for Spitfires.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/displayinfo/

Mike

I have just past a Sherman Hull going south on the M.6. just north of Stafford, passed me at about 3.30pm Sunday afternoon 3/7/11 Being carried on a civvy low loader. Still had all of the faded stencilling on the hull, star etc.

challenger 2 in a scrap yard on the A406 near tottenham, No tracks or barrel, hull rd wheels and turret only shame really would of made a nice collectors pice. couldnt get a pic i was driving my crane but will try next time im past there

At Sedgemoor Vintage Rally, a Wynns Pacific (ex M26 dragon wagon) and RAF refuelling trailer.

Both are part of the Mike Lawrence collection.

Wynns pic from Flickr.

Refuelling trailer pic previously posted by Smithy (it's the same one).

Also had a flypast by BBMF Lancaster and Spitfire MK365, while on their way to Yeovilton Air Day.

When I got home had the good fortune to catch the Vulcan display (pics posted in Aviation forum).

Could have been my birthday!

enterprise.jpg

refuelling trailer.jpg