Jump to content

Instrument find ??

Recommended Posts

Wondering if anyone recognises where this instrument panel comes from. I think it is US as it has a label stating 'INCREASE' just below the left hand knob.

It was found this week in a German position outside Bastogne, guessing that the US cleared this area at some point.


It could be artillery related but could also be a an internal vehicle instrument ?? Its part of a larger cast alloy piece of equipment, not steel.

Thanks for looking !





Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I definitely don't see it as a vehicle part. I think your suggestion of it being part of a predictor/director is very possible but that is not something that I have a good knowledge of so I can't help much. Someone must know...


Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rootes75 said:

Water or Petrol Bowser or pump related maybe??

possibly. I am still trawling images of all kinds of equipment...its an odd one, considering it clearly shows fragmentation and distortion from a force of some sort and was in the middle of some woods so can only be from a field set-up of some sort ?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...