Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

The Hunters are based in Exeter - I understand that there are as many as 20 down there - but not all able to fly. The Hunter Formation Team of 5 has been mentioned in the local Press two or three times recently as the Hunters are to demonstrate as a formation team at the forthcoming Yeovilton Air Display. I think they call themselves "Team Vixen".

Edited by Minesweeper

The Hunters are based in Exeter - I understand that there are as many as 20 down there - but not all able to fly. The Hunter Formation Team of 5 have been mentioned in the local Press two or three times recently as they are to demonstrate as a team at the forthcoming Yeovilton Air Display.

Thanks for that, I didn't know where they all came from. I know some live at Kemble as well.

I asked while I was there and the answer is Yes, it will be on TV, but they haven't sold the programme yet, so I don't know which channel or when it will be on. It might be a 'one-off' or it could be the start of a series. My guess is it could be sometime in the Autumn in the months before Christmas, but that is just a guess.

Hi

I was there too on Sunday & Monday with my Austin K2 GS truck, i asked the director/producer and he said they are doing it for the REME and will possibly try to sell it to various museums and possibly TV companies.

They have never done anything like this before, and hope to possibly make some more in the future based on other veterans stories if the demand is there!

Pictures are of "Lucy" with my field office display for the filming, but sadly we were to old to be extras....>:( i'm on the far left with "MM" winner Wally Harris on which the film was based.

Colin

Filming 2011 Imber village 030.jpg

Filming 2011 Imber village 049.jpg

Filming 2011 Imber village 052.jpg

Filming 2011 Imber village 014.jpg

Heading home from Trucks & Troops we have just seen two Quads, minus their lumbers and 25 ponders, on the back of a lorry by Junction 11 of the M40. Don't know if it was broken down but the lorry was stopped on the hard shoulder. I presume that they are heading to the South Coast to sale for Normandy?

The Hunters are based in Exeter - I understand that there are as many as 20 down there - but not all able to fly. The Hunter Formation Team of 5 has been mentioned in the local Press two or three times recently as the Hunters are to demonstrate as a formation team at the forthcoming Yeovilton Air Display. I think they call themselves "Team Vixen".

I think its Team Viper: http://www.teamviperdisplay.com/

About 19.00hrs last night after I just finished working on the Bedford, the full compliment of RED ARROWS flew right over my house very low and in a Arrow Head formation. Very cool.

spotted saturday at Morrissons in Shrewsbury, loads of guys wearing blue overalls with Red Arrows Patches, groundcrew?

It was Cosford Airshow sunday, did it get cancelled because it was tipping it down here in Stoke?

Mark

spotted saturday at Morrissons in Shrewsbury, loads of guys wearing blue overalls with Red Arrows Patches, groundcrew?

It was Cosford Airshow sunday, did it get cancelled because it was tipping it down here in Stoke?

Mark

Read in our local paper tonight that they still went ahead with the Air Show despite the weather. They had to cancel the BOBMF and Vulcan flights though and visitors were down by about 12,000 according to the organisers!

Saw this Jeep today parked outside my work in Aix-en-Provence. I don't know anything about it as the owner wasn't around, but I haven't seen a trailer like this before. It looks like the vehicle is in regular use and it drove here under it's own power. A nice contrast to all the modern stuff which I see every day in the town centre. Can someone fill in the details please?

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Edited by daz76