Fordson WOT6

2 hours ago, 7VHU said:

Seems Nordian Services was wound up in 2012 (Companies house info)

stock taken over by anyone or weighed in?

I recall Wally's business and stock being sold quite a few years ago. I think some of the Canadian Ford parts were bought by a certain dealer in Holland. Someone up in the North of England was running a business under the Nordian name and I did get an item from them, but it appeared to be a part time operation. Then when I was after some more parts, about 15 years ago, I found that the stock had been bought by a man in Liverpool area and I was able to get some V8 parts for a WOT6 from him. Then I believe the stock moved on again and I never did find where it ended up.

• Like 2

Frituur Zorro restoration series are 3 books with 86 stories of restorations of WW2 softskin vehicles  together with photos of the various stages. For volume 4 we need again restorations (yours?). go to www.frituurzorro.nl for info are write to info@narwal.eu

1 hour ago, theo barten said:

Frituur Zorro restoration series are 3 books with 86 stories of restorations of WW2 softskin vehicles  together with photos of the various stages. For volume 4 we need again restorations (yours?). go to www.frituurzorro.nl for info are write to info@narwal.eu

I will PM you. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, guy66 said:

Good luck , you even have a original engine .

Not had a chance to look over the engine yet but there is a rebuild plate.

8 minutes ago, john1950 said:

One thing you know the gearbox will be full of water. Great find.  How long before that flat head runs?

I have a funny feeling the engine might be stuck 😁

• Like 2

The strip down has started and at this moment in time I’m not feeling confident 🤔 the truck is in exceptionally poor condition 

70ACACFD-676C-449D-BD2A-4A67DB9EB9E7.thumb.jpeg.fcea61af7266705feebc334a8e889f32.jpeg
28ED836F-9110-4EB1-A057-D79DBC0924A8.thumb.jpeg.89db35afc515df8083cd060ba1e3a9c0.jpeg

470F9FDF-1C53-49B5-B7EE-81A5447F31C5.thumb.jpeg.d7e7e25c28200f686743c43beb8a8e4e.jpeg

and now the really bad bits!!

DE8F1317-0DFE-4C6F-A23E-A86FA554B2D4.thumb.jpeg.d2bb8fe237b5028b6624c9b63836a547.jpeg

54048FB1-5865-4FC4-BC59-C68345B57306.thumb.jpeg.ccf115557214909888e6cf02af72e096.jpeg

23A7D9EC-D5E3-4C14-935B-48F7B620EEC6.thumb.jpeg.15e3a4f2cbf4dd014895e2e67c36695d.jpeg

87A17D2B-7FB3-4EEC-BE1C-BFDCBF4E8644.thumb.jpeg.40afe2d796223d05566232bffac29c3b.jpeg

But this was the really low point 🤨 my odds of finding at least one good diff have dramatically dropped….

This could be just one of the reasons it was in a scrap yard 

• Like 1

Trying to place location of that flange?

Any oil in that diff?

I once pulled the back of a 1920s Wolsey chassis out of a field, just some pedals sticking out of the ground. Aluminium transaxle casing was pretty rotten but gears weren’t bad.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 7VHU said:

Trying to place location of that flange?

Any oil in that diff?

I once pulled the back of a 1920s Wolsey chassis out of a field, just some pedals sticking out of the ground. Aluminium transaxle casing was pretty rotten but gears weren’t bad.

That’s the front diff pinion and by the feel of it there’s no outer bearing left.

12 minutes ago, Scrunt & Farthing said:

Most of that should polish out! 😀  I think, having seen your last project this is going to be a great one to follow.

Dave

😂 If only we could save them all Dave, this one unfortunately is the spares  package….hopefully 🤞

• Like 1

Haven't been on the forum for quite a while, so only just caught up with your trials and tribulations.  Certainly can't say you have a boring life!!  But what a shame to have a failure like that on your first run out.

Truck does look good, mate, a real credit to your hard work, and most of it done on the driveway at home, not in a fancy workshop. A real well done.

Hope the donor chassis does contain something useful, and you get back on the road soon 🤞

9 hours ago, Zero-Five-Two said:

Haven't been on the forum for quite a while, so only just caught up with your trials and tribulations.  Certainly can't say you have a boring life!!  But what a shame to have a failure like that on your first run out.

Truck does look good, mate, a real credit to your hard work, and most of it done on the driveway at home, not in a fancy workshop. A real well done.

Hope the donor chassis does contain something useful, and you get back on the road soon 🤞

Thanks Rob good to hear from you, it’s definitely been a busy year, hopefully next year I’ll get the wot6 to a few shows. 

Seamus