Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

4 minutes ago, LarryH57 said:

Interesting that a Carrier is on a trailer pulled by what appears to be a current Military vehicle, so is it on its way to or from some Army event, like the Edinburgh Tattoo or Jubilee celibration? 

The MAN HX is on civilian plates.

• 9 months later...

Leyland Martian back end outside W H Orchard metal recyclers on the minor road from Doublebois / Dobwalls to Minions, near Liskeard, Cornwall. It's been there a while as it shows on Streetview images given as August 2022. Looks like a complete back end cut off behind the cab - maybe a source of spares?

I've got a feeling we've seen this. Many years back we were visiting relatives in Cornwall and were following their car on a daytrip...we passed the Martian and from memory back then (7-8) years I recall it being complete..?

Spotted a nice Land Rover 101 Forward Control Ambulance heading south on the M40 between Oxford and Wycombe on Thursday evening. Typically a lorry passed it just as I was trying to catch the reg! 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:27 PM, Sean N said:

Leyland Martian back end outside W H Orchard metal recyclers on the minor road from Doublebois / Dobwalls to Minions, near Liskeard, Cornwall. It's been there a while as it shows on Streetview images given as August 2022. Looks like a complete back end cut off behind the cab - maybe a source of spares?

I believe this to be the one featured here

http://anarchadia.blogspot.com/2008/10/vintage-thing-no27-leyland-martian.html?m=1 

and in the last few photos here 

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/gallery/33-pictures-cornwalls-abandoned-cars-4676845.amp

I suspect the front end simply rotted away before being excised.

Edited by utt61

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've no idea - I'm only an amateur at this so my excuse is that I only took the photos!

I see what you mean, but it wouldn't have occurred to me to be wrong. Apparently post war it was ex Belgian then French military, I think he said cast 1990 if I understood the time line.

I kept looking at the Jeep thinking something didn't look right but couldn't pin it down until I compared it with Simon's previous post... then it was obvious.

I don't know who any of the owners/drivers were.

On 6/3/2023 at 11:26 PM, radiomike7 said:

Is that a 'potato masher' stick grenade on the armoured car, I understood that only the Germans used them?

Yes it is, and you are right.

AFAIK Americans didn't make these, looted I guess.

• Like 1

I saw a Home Guard Austin 7 on the A337 heading towards Lymington and Beaulieu on Friday. It would be good if they had a Trucks and Troops event there again, that existed from about 2005, organised by Andy Jones.

Edited by LarryH57

46 minutes ago, LarryH57 said:

I saw a Home Guard Austin 7 on the A337 heading towards Lymington and Beaulieu on Friday. It would be good if they had a Trucks and Troops event there again, that existed from about 2005, organised by Andy Jones.

Now that's a show we'd loved to have taken our truck to.

The Austin 7 is from that part of the world, I recall an interesting chat with its owner at the Castletown D Day centre open day event down in Weymouth a couple months back.

Saw this interesting Humber Pig with the turret at a local shooting range here. The owner has several MVs parked there. This Humber looks to be in pretty rough shape, but there is another one on the property which is white and has old Palm Springs PD markings on it. 

C69D34AC-7112-4571-92AD-39C642CAEBA2.jpeg

5676C0CC-6A15-4125-8332-0EAC061DD5D5.jpeg

2C36D4ED-2ACD-420D-8107-076E7EA0FC88.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...