Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

5 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

Hi Iain,

I thought you would appreciate the photo. I am at the event this week and a lot of Perenties, 4x4 and 6x6 of all variations here.

regards, Richard

Hopefully should be plenty photo opportunities......

You wont be missing our weather!

8 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

A photo from Corowa today (Tuesday), a LARC V, GPA and Weasel waiting the signal to launch in the water. This is the Murray river. There are more amphibs arriving this week.

Corowa 40 - amphibs.JPG

What a fantastic event, would love to see more. I'll bet it is very a very social occasion as well!

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, Richard Farrant said:

Due to no internet connection this photo was not today, but last Friday. Spotted on Holbrook to Culcairn road ........... actually I was driving it and stopped for a brief rest on way to the Corowa Swim-In & Military Vehicle Gathering...... a Perentie FFR

663838095_PerentienearHolbrook3-19.thumb.JPG.caf1fffd998be1a26b3c23bbe6371745.JPG

How much does it cost to get the Perenti FFR from the UK to Australia and back again?  I'd love to attend Corowa in my Lwt

17 minutes ago, LarryH57 said:

How much does it cost to get the Perenti FFR from the UK to Australia and back again?  I'd love to attend Corowa in my Lwt

Looks like an Australian registered Landy so not taken from UK I would suspect.

I can say from experience that you would be looking at around £2k each way including dockyard handling charges using container shipping. Not cheap.

Iain

12 hours ago, LarryH57 said:

As Iain says, this is a Perentie that belongs to friends in Australia.

Shipping a vehicle into Australia is fraught with problems, not just cleanliness but all items of asbestos have to be removed and certified otherwise you are in for big problems and costs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Highland_laddie said:

Today the A34 heading towards Oxford bout 1 o'clock.  What looked like a camel trophy towing a desert coloured WMIK.

Anyone on here?

Spotted a tidy series 3 and series 2 SWB slightly later, couldn't tell if they were military or not (passed to quickly)

Julian

Plenty of traffic heading down to Overlord this weekend!

Andy

• 2 months later...

At the Weald of Kent Steam Rally this weekend, a varied show of not just traction engines, but cars, tractors, commercial vehicles and an ever increasing selection of Military stuff too.

These 2 in particular caught my attention,

20190803_172722.thumb.jpg.78539f52763e14aaffbeff10804f5e6f.jpg

20190803_172810.thumb.jpg.b4fe1008e12fbadbc65c6c19d8386baf.jpg

The show is held on private ground at Woodchurch, Kent. Geezer that owns it collects vintage planes and uses this Bedford as their refueller.

20190803_165450.thumb.jpg.cf32d4f2ce86bc1432b535d9faecc8c4.jpg

Cat D7 and Onions 8 cu yard scraper, was one of the show entrants.  Cat isn't ex Military, just painted green, but the onions certainly was, there is various markings all over it.  I trained on these during my apprenticeship at AAC Chepstow 1976.  Nice to see it being used, bought back lots of memories 

Last night, 21.30hrs a nice looking sand coloured Land Rover Lwt heading anti-clockwise on M25 near Juncion 25. It appeared to have some kind of fold up storage shelf over the rear wheels a bit like those on 'Para Recce Lwts'

Edited by LarryH57