Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

It must be the week of the helicopters at the DEFENCE SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT                   sunday it was three APACHE HELICOPTERS flying over the camp before heading north east today a Apache followed by a Puma  and bringing up the rear a Chinook all head to the north east makes a change from DROPS and MANS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, john1950 said:

About 08.15 a Jackall on the northbound A189 in Northumberland. Sorry no picture.

A189   ,   a good few years ago - I cruised past a convoy (Dutch I think) ,  through the Tyne Tunnel , I stalked them as far as far as I could  - I was heading  -Jesmond.  Expecting them to steer west towards Otterburn but they were obviously heading north ?    Unforgettable -  S1 Minerva types , later Series and Defender  !

I don't see anything of MOD interest on A68 at all now.    I understood these heavier than TUM were now in air-conditioned storage  ?       TUL/TUM in main for fuel economy , then better still Wolf XD that they seem to be demobbing.  I understand leased Jap. on mission creep into the green fleet, has me puzzled what the Wolf fleet is going to be replaced with ,  such as radio  Clansman then Bowman having been so well integrated !

10 hours ago, ruxy said:

A189   ,   a good few years ago - I cruised past a convoy (Dutch I think) ,  through the Tyne Tunnel , I stalked them as far as far as I could  - I was heading  -Jesmond.  Expecting them to steer west towards Otterburn but they were obviously heading north ?    Unforgettable -  S1 Minerva types , later Series and Defender  !

I don't see anything of MOD interest on A68 at all now.    I understood these heavier than TUM were now in air-conditioned storage  ?       TUL/TUM in main for fuel economy , then better still Wolf XD that they seem to be demobbing.  I understand leased Jap. on mission creep into the green fleet, has me puzzled what the Wolf fleet is going to be replaced with ,  such as radio  Clansman then Bowman having been so well integrated !

There is very little air conditioned storage on most MoD bases unless you call the building that we store Jackals and Coyotes in "air conditioned" due to the holes in the roof.

Leased Japanese 4x4s are used in the White fleet as general runabouts, not on exercises or operations.

As to what will replace TUM, TUL and Wolf, who knows, you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be the new Defender.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw This at a Bus and Coach Auction in Sussex, today.

20200125_090612.thumb.jpg.65115d0991c9e01daeaf47dec4c61438.jpg

Formerly 66 GT 58  Not bad condition, starts and runs well, all works and most of the tools and kit is still on board.  I did have a couple of bids on it, but price went over my available budget.  Finally went for £6500 on the hammer, but with buyers premium and VAT to go on top of that.  Total cost to it's new owner is about £8500.  Hope it's gone to a good home 

Edited by Zero-Five-Two

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 9:11 PM, Zero-Five-Two said:

Saw This at a Bus and Coach Auction in Sussex, today.

20200125_090612.thumb.jpg.65115d0991c9e01daeaf47dec4c61438.jpg

Formerly 66 GT 58  Not bad condition, starts and runs well, all works and most of the tools and kit is still on board.  I did have a couple of bids on it, but price went over my available budget.  Finally went for £6500 on the hammer, but with buyers premium and VAT to go on top of that.  Total cost to it's new owner is about £8500.  Hope it's gone to a good home 

Hi, I'm glad to say it has gone to a good home, sorry I outbid you but it took me right back to my childhood!! it's going for a light restoration and then will be used for what it was made for and also showed joining the a Scania 82 day cab unit, 113 day cab unit and a 112 sleeper unit along with a FL10 hiab unit and a FM10 unit which are all retired and in various states of restoration.  

• Like 2