Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

14 minutes ago, johnwardle said:

Yesterday afternoon we heard a twin engined  plane approaching and we were very surprised to see a Bristol Blenheim fly right over our house heading west towards Warminster. I checked the Blenheim website and the only event it was attending this weekend was Old Warden, so the big question is, where was it going?

John,

The Blenheim is flying at the Torbay Airshow this weekend.

3 hours ago, johnwardle said:

Thanks for that Richard,  I'll keep an eye out for it on the way back.

It flew over heading east at 16:30 then about 15 minutes later a bright yellow biplane that I couldn't identify flew over also heading east, maybe that had been at the same show.

50 minutes ago, johnwardle said:

It flew over heading east at 16:30 then about 15 minutes later a bright yellow biplane that I couldn't identify flew over also heading east, maybe that had been at the same show.

John,

Your lucky day. The Blenheim was a late change as the Vampire pair had mechanical issues and could not display.

We have had Spitfires passing over to and fro all weekend. Have to stop and look up every time I hear them.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I was driving on the M65 near the Blackburn A666 junction on Saturday driving west towards Colne. Couldn't belive my eyes,

on the back of a lorry was a Wessex. I tried to get the wife to take a photo, but no luck. I got off at the next junction, then came back on, hoping to be behind it, but I think that he must of got of at the same junction. I don't think that it was in great condition, wonder where it was going?

Dave 

Edited by jeepfinger

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday in Oxfordshire, about 12 Chinooks in formation flying over (didn't know we had that many operational, must have finally sorted Fadec). Got a piccie too but it's on the Wife's camera. Will get it off her tomorrow and post it up!

I'd forgotten that I said I'd post a pic until about 40 mins ago when I was sitting in the Kitchen and a fleet of Apache's went over my rear garden at tree top height! Can't say for certain how many there were, because I'm surrounded by trees here so once they'd past by I could only hear them (bloody loud too). But I counted at least four at the last and guess there must have been six to eight in total! Didn't have a camera either but sitting here with Camera at the ready in case they decide to come back; not ashamed to say that, even though I'm closer to 60 than I care to admit, I was still jumping round the garden and waving like crazy at them. 

Anyway, here are the Chinooks from a few days ago. Not the best of pics but we were driving at the time and my wife just had time to pull over, dig out her camera and grab a couple of quick shots as they disappeared into the distance! I'm sure there was 12 in total, although this only shows 9, and there was also another copter flying flank on this lot but it too is out of shot!

If the Apache's come back I have the camera at my elbow :-)

Xh8c5jf.jpg

Edited by Old Git

That flyby of Chinooks must have made a fair old noise - regular saw  single ones flying out of Odiham along the line of the M3 down to south Hampshire/Wiltshire. Always heard it before you saw it!

The flanker was probably filming the formation.

The final Sea King &  Lynx flyby/tours of the south coast had the same arrangement.

On the M27 westbound near Eastleigh at 0635 yesterday, a Chieftain in Berlin camouflage on a civilian lowloader.   Any idea where it was coming from/going to? There can't be many of those around.

Andy

5 minutes ago, saracenstump said:

it came from the armed forces day event in southhampton,its owner and three of us had taken it down for the celebrations

A busy weekend - I'd had my RB44 at the Portsmouth Armed Forces Day and was on my way to Tankfest when I saw it.

Andy

• 1 month later...

In Christchurch, Dorset yesterday,  I saw an early Mk of Spitfire (in green and brown camo) doing a display, I think in aid of RNLI. What was nice was that the routine appeared to be quite long compared to the typical flyby twice and clear off kind of appearance I have seen at a few MV shows. I guess it lasted 15 mins and afterwards the Spitfire headed off in the direction of the IOW. But are any Spits based there such as at Bembridge?

• 2 weeks later...