Freestanding vehicle covers?

matadormike

Question

I'm looking for a freestanding vehicle cover as a temporary measure for my CVR(T), does such a thing exist?

(I'm aiming of putting up a suitable shed next year)

I'm hoping for something like a lightweight frame with something over it, any ideas?

If all else fails I'll get a decent quality sheet/tarp and cover it with that.

Cheers

Mike

I was thinking of a similar idea for my Lwt and I am still looking for a solution.

I did see in a gardening advert details of a nissen hut shaped frame that is used by gardeners to make a greenhouse - covered with clear plastic.

I was wondered whether a similar thing could be adapted to make a lightweight garage of sorts - with coloured or clear plastic - depending if the contents is to be hidden.

Time for an MV temp garage product to be developed I think!

I was thinking of a similar idea for my Lwt and I am still looking for a solution.

I did see in a gardening advert details of a nissen hut shaped frame that is used by gardeners to make a greenhouse - covered with clear plastic.

Thats a "Polly Tunnel", and can be made to any length. They are rather susceptible to high winds.

Thats a "Polly Tunnel", and can be made to any length. They are rather susceptible to high winds.

and condensation ! unless without doors either end

A word of caution; these covers work very well but pay great attention to staking them down. A friend bought one to house his very new Ford 350 pickup truck for the winter. The wind pulled the supplied stakes out of the ground & overturned the portable garage. About a week in a body shop had the truck back in shape.

We don't get gales in the UK, its more or less summer all the time unlike Canada, I can go out in a T shirt every day of the year. As for damage to MVs from the stakes many of our club members vehicles are so bashed and scratched that you would not notice the difference!

What part of the UK is this then ? I will gladly move there as its news to me!

Diana

We don't get gales in the UK, its more or less summer all the time unlike Canada, I can go out in a T shirt every day of the year. As for damage to MVs from the stakes many of our club members vehicles are so bashed and scratched that you would not notice the difference!

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-cig1216-heavy-duty-instant-garage

I have one of the 10'x16' covering my Quad, whilst next to it is a friends Scorpion under another. Both survived last years winds intact - albeit with a couple of storm-straps just to be sure.

It's made a lot of difference to the time doing work, as it saves a lot of time on de-/re-sheeting! :-)

And being able to tinker when it rains...

Who was it who said:

'How come the Americans call their hurricanes names like Sheila Florence Beryl and Katrina, yet in the UK we call all our hurricanes Gail?'

I recently read on the front page of a newspaper, that the UK is in for the worst winter in 100 years, but as the weathermen are consistently wrong its likely to be the opposite, so I'll get the sunblock and stick to wearing my T shirts cos it isn't going to be anything as bad as 1962-63, which you are all too young to remember!

You all don't know your born. I'm stuck in Barbados. The weather is scorhio, no need for weather protection. Downside is all military vehicles are banned, as is the wearing of any form of camo clothing. Can't wait to get home to the real world

It's a hard life you have Guy!