LIVE from the W&P Show 2010

Marmite!!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for the speed humps dips that have been put in around the site to keep the speed down..

Bet they won't stop those kids on bikes and buggys I saw on Saturday. One buggy I saw was being driven by a girl of about 10 years old and her passenger was the same age.

ok folks

my beautiful fiancee has said we can go on saturday for the day :yay::yay::yay:.

I have found a travel lodge with a room, at Dartford, so we travel down friday afternoon, stop at Dartford, then onto belters for open doors 0900, at endex 1800, head for home.

Hope to see some of you then

All the best

Mark (a very happy bunny :D:D:D)

We are staying in Sevenoaks on Friday night so we can get an early start Saturday morning.Would we be able to get on site on friday night to come and have a beer with everyone or is it all locked up and security guarded? Would we need to have wrist bands if we were visiting for the evening only?

Myself and Paul (Griff66) arrived midday yesterday and after a few wrong turns around entrance (sorry to everyone when we blocked the exit road :-D while I ran over to read road signs) finally found our spot with Brian and John Dewes lot. Right next to the fun fair so that should be entertaining for sleeping :-D. Looking forward to putting some names to faces as we get our W&P legs.

Cheers all,

Ian & Paul (sand coloured MK 1/II Ferret)

Any joy with the annotated map yet? As a newbie it would be good to see where people are so I can say hello. I'm currently trying to lose a meeting on Friday so I can avoid visiting at the weekend .... :cool2:

Andy

Security...... you've got to be joking Rosie. My onsite spies tell me the count for 'missing tents' is now up to seven along with lots of other stuff.:shocked:

That's not the story on the ground Degsy.. not a sign of a single pikey & everyone seems to be having a good time... very vehicle is checked twice coming in to make sure evryone has a wrist band & every vehicle, Civy & MV has to have a vehicle pass this year, so security tight on entry..

Any joy with the annotated map yet? As a newbie it would be good to see where people are so I can say hello. I'm currently trying to lose a meeting on Friday so I can avoid visiting at the weekend .... :cool2:

Andy

Head for Little Monktons, look out for 2 x WLF, Fox, MOBAT... big HMVF contingent there

That's not the story on the ground Degsy.. not a sign of a single pikey & everyone seems to be having a good time... very vehicle is checked twice coming in to make sure evryone has a wrist band & every vehicle, Civy & MV has to have a vehicle pass this year, so security tight on entry..

I hope my info is wrong then Lee, it was direct from there but perhaps some exaggeration is in operation which I suppose is human nature.

Hi all

Just like to say it was great meeting some of you the other day - Lee, Mike and others

thanks for the help as usual im coming back tonight with all the oil drums to fill up the hubs and bevels etc

hopefully do an arena run at the weekend ;)

Didnt find Richard F in the end but met another Fox owner up on Americas field

cheers

Mark

Just got back from two great days at a very hot and dusty War & Peace show. It was nice to meet up with some fellow HMVFer's.

A warning to those that are going to attend over the last three days make sure you don't miss out on the extra field that has been opened up (now known as Monkton's Meadow :D). The new field is just over a bridge on the right-hand side as you walk up the Monkton field just before you get to the HMVF base camp. It is not listed on any maps but there are a lot more vehicles in this field and had it not been for a tip off (thanks LoggyDriver) I might have missed them!

Will start to upload some pictures on Friday morning as it has been a long couple of days and it is time to catch up on some sleep.

Gotta go to work today (last day of term :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:) then will drop cubelets off with my mum and we will be heading for 7oaks tonight. Hope to be on site first thing in the morning!!!!

Right kids dropped off at mums, bags packed in the car, money all ready for Enigmas helmet :D,

comfy pink crocs on for lots of walking around, relevant phone numbers in phone for meeting up with fellow HMVFers. All I need is my bl**dy husband to get home from work!!!!!!!!!!! He said 'I'll be home by 5.30'.....................................................................

he's just pulled in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya there

Edited by rosie

Right kids dropped off at mums, bags packed in the car, money all ready for Enigmas helmet :D,

comfy pink crocs on for lots of walking around, relevant phone numbers in phone for meeting up with fellow HMVFers. All I need is my bl**dy husband to get home from work!!!!!!!!!!! He said 'I'll be home by 5.30'.....................................................................

he's just pulled in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya there

Twenty seven minutes late.... road flooded just near the Mucky Duck:n00b::flowers::kissoncheek::yay:

£50 reward to anyone who gets a picture of Rosie in pink wellies and Enigma helmet.

Right ho, Jack time to pay up.........

Rosie on here knees about to receive Enigma's helmet.

The crowning moment when she gets Enigma's helmet.

The very proud couple Rosie pleased so much to get her helmet, Enigma just as happy with a great paint job as per all the other helmets he has done, but this was the hardest one to date, still a fantastic job.

Rosie was so happy with it she wore it almost all day Saturday how many of you saw it ?

But with all that weight on Rosie's head when we got back to the car I turned round and all I could see of her was this .................

The weight of the helmet must have been tooooo much with all the walking ........

IMG_4937r.jpg

IMG_4936r.jpg

IMG_4938r.jpg

IMG_4952r.jpg

Edited by R Cubed