LIVE from the W&P Show 2010

Marmite!!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather

Just looked at the Weather charts and my prediction is WET and Warm for the next 4 days with not much prospect for the weekend. However, this could could change as there are some High pressures in the Atlantic which could move the Low pressures away that are over us causing the wet/warm showery weather. Next week is too far away to see what is happening but I will check later in the week.

Summary is Wet and Warm (showers) with sunny intervals until Friday 16th, so knowing Beltring, take Wellingtons and Boots for the mud. At least the WW1 re-enactors will be happy trying to get their trenches authentic.

This is my view on the weather based on weather fronts and pressures in the North Atlantic.

Edited by woa2
Added a bit

when I say nicked it...not the area....just the rope...so could have been worse, still a pain though

but as one of the guys mentioned earlier, can always liase with the person looking after each particular field, which is Malcolm Dunlop in our case, so we think actual area will stay safe for us.

cheers

Chris

It's a very wet day here in Oxfordshire.

Bloomin typical. Dry as a bone for weeks then when it's time for W&P the wet weather moves in!! I hope it will dry out by the time we get down on Friday? It better stay dry when I need to take the 12x12 down, don't want to have to put that up again to dry it out:embarrassed:

I've just got off the phone to a mate who is going down on Sunday. He told me that a guy he knows who has been in the same spot for years and who marked his area out turned up to find that the marshals had put someone else in his spot. Apparently people are turning up and being told where to set up. I don't know if their is any truth in this..

I need space for 1 Bedford, 2 Reo's, 3 Land Rovers, (possible) Austin K9, Bedford MW plus 2 or 3 12x12's, 2 9x9's, admin area etc. Don't know whether I will get all that. Is the other field open this year that they opened last year?

Looks like the owners of the Hop farm will need to purchase more Land, or rent out a few extra fields for the duration of W&P if it gets any bigger?

Any more pictures of the site to put on today? How busy is it? Information, we need information.:D

By the way, what are the toilet facilities like this year? Have the portaloos turned up yet or is it a trek down to the block?

Shhhhhhh you'll set Rambo off and the show aint even started:D

Eddie

Edited by RGJ/H. Alan

Ah im pretty sure that was the american wrecker we passed by on the hard shoulder. Wow didn't expect this many people there already. Freind with a 101 came down sometime yesterday . Nice to see the Fordson there again this year.

It was the wrecker you saw on the hard shoulder, one of the trailers had a puncture, nothing serious

Just out of interest, has any one ever not found a space and had to leave again?

I once arrived late Tuesday and was told I coudn't go in unless someone was keeping a place for me, luckily some one was.

That really surprises me, I've never been able to arrive before the Tues and I've turned up on the Wed of the show in the past and been let in without issues, admitedly I don't have a fleet of vehicles and it took a little while to find a corner of somewhere but invariably someone's always been kind.

By the way, what are the toilet facilities like this year? Have the portaloos turned up yet or is it a trek down to the block?

No one is officially allowed on site until Friday 16th so won't see any loos much before then..

That really surprises me, I've never been able to arrive before the Tues and I've turned up on the Wed of the show in the past and been let in without issues, admitedly I don't have a fleet of vehicles and it took a little while to find a corner of somewhere but invariably someone's always been kind.

Should have said that happend a few years ago before the extra fields where opened up, I suppose it may just have been the one marshal's view though.

No one is officially allowed on site until Friday 16th so won't see any loos much before then..

Seem to remember that last year, the loos weren't on-site and open until the first day (Wednesday) of the show as that was when they had been ordered for. Anyone seen any loos on-site yet?