LIVE from the W&P Show 2010

Marmite!!

Hi to all,

been very hot and dusty at Beltring during the last week, My thanks to Enigma Ronnie and Matt for letting pitch on thier site and for thier company.

It was very very busy this year and managed to meet quite a few members on here even though there were many i didn`t see.

Here are a few random pictures which i took.

Ashley

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0164.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

DSCF0200.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right ho, Jack time to pay up.........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31707[/ATTACH]

Rosie on here knees about to receive Enigma's helmet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31706[/ATTACH]

The crowning moment when she gets Enigma's helmet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31708[/ATTACH]

The very proud couple Rosie pleased so much to get her helmet, Enigma just as happy with a great paint job as per all the other helmets he has done, but this was the hardest one to date, still a fantastic job.

Rosie was so happy with it she wore it almost all day Saturday how many of you saw it ?

But with all that weight on Rosie's head when we got back to the car I turned round and all I could see of her was this .................

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31721[/ATTACH]

The weight of the helmet must have been tooooo much with all the walking ........

Jack has appointed me sole Judge and arbiter on this competition:police:....... Richard you are banned for having an unfair advantage and anyway don't you know the differences between croc's and wellies:n00b:....Sentence...fined £50 payable to MY whisky fund.

I AM THE JUDGE:D

Rosie I suggest you give him 500 lines-: I must learn to differentiate between crocs an' wellies. and if it.s not neat enough make him do it 'til it is.:writing:

Edited by Degsy

some more, my camera has 3 settings, colour, black and white, and monochrome, so I tried monochrome on the vietnam display, tell me what you think please

Mark

Hi Mark, some good pics there, thanks for posting, sorry, I can't tell the difference with the mono ones:confused:

some more, my camera has 3 settings, colour, black and white, and monochrome, so I tried monochrome on the vietnam display, tell me what you think please

Mark

I think it is just the camera thet is monochrome when ypu press the button.

Those are very nice colour pictures though

Mike

Jack has appointed me sole Judge and arbiter on this competition:police:....... Richard you are banned for having an unfair advantage and anyway don't you know the differences between croc's and wellies:n00b:....Sentence...fined £50 payable to MY whisky fund.

I AM THE JUDGE:D

Rosie I suggest you give him 500 lines-: I must learn to differentiate between crocs an' wellies. and if it.s not neat enough make him do it 'til it is.:writing:

Oh come on...........do you know how hot it was yesterday there? If I had worn wellies my feet would have melted away!!!!!

I will still give him the lines though :-D:-D:-D

Oh come on...........do you know how hot it was yesterday there? If I had worn wellies my feet would have melted away!!!!!

I will still give him the lines though :-D:-D:-D

Not good enough Roxie........don't you know the old adage about suffering for your art:???

I AM DE JUDGE......Sentence........five:hug: and five :kissoncheek: for ME.

Fred

Not good enough Roxie........don't you know the old adage about suffering for your art:???

I AM DE JUDGE......Sentence........five:hug: and five :kissoncheek: for ME.

Fred

I dont mind that sort of punishment!!!!!!!! :-D

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:kissoncheek::kissoncheek::kissoncheek::kissoncheek::kissoncheek:

I dont mind that sort of punishment!!!!!!!! :-D

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:kissoncheek::kissoncheek::kissoncheek::kissoncheek::kissoncheek:

Hello Roxie/Rosie, the old man has just been carted off in a yellow van by the nice men in the green overalls, he fell off his perch but departed very happily with a huge gin on his face.

I'm his son also Richard.

Hi all. Just got back from W&P 20010.

Arrived Friday 16th at 0900hrs and got back this morning about 00.30hrs. What a brilliant week. The weather couldn't have been better, very hot and sunny most of the time. The old Beltring weather has returned.

Met up with Lee, Mark, Vince, Mike, Scott, Snapper and a few others. A very big thank you to Lee for he knows what. Mark is a diamond geezer and had a chat with his lovely better half (sorry for thinking you were Australian)

The dust was an absolute nightmare and we saw the water tanker just once down by us. Bought some more kit including Army tables and bench seats for the 12x12.

Pictures to follow as the clean up is about to begin.

Those pictures show just how disorganised it is. Vehicles, caravans and tents all far too close to each other, if a fire occurred it would run through the place in a very short time and I hate to think of the possible casualty count. Should the unthinkable happen the organisers would be liable but financial compensation, even if they could pay it never compensates for the suffering which could be caused.

There were some real muppets letting off RED distress parachute flares and "normal" back to earth flares. BUT, instead of firing them straight up they were letting them off sometimes at about 45 degrees which meant the flares were still burning when they hit the ground. I'm surprised no ones tent went up.

There was an incident where some guys were handbrake turning a SIDECAR outfit. They raced down Monctons Meadow and turned the outfit over. One of the guys suffered an open fracture to his arm and had to be rushed to hospital.

Even after this incident, there were still kids driving quad bikes that were only 7 or 8 years of age. The Policing of the laws is a joke really. Another grip is the "no vehicle movement" between 10am and 18.00hrs. The dust these guys were throwing up was a nightmare.

I have to say the tent proximity although close in some cases isn't even close to that of major festivals, Glastonbury & Latitude for example, where you physically cannot pass between tents.

With refrence to the accident in Monkton's Meadow, the kids on the outfit (four of them) were pissing around and even thought they'd try and pass behind a reversing tank :nut:. They succesfully managed a sliding turn in one direction and then tried it again and failed resulting with the outfit overturning. One of the lads did suffer a what appeared as a broken arm as it overturned, however it wasn't an open fracture. (we need to be careful of passing on information that can become exagerated... before we know it, it could be blown out of proportion)

Just think about the quantity of seriously big stuff moving among the public, then consider that the accident involved four immature kids in an open field and no other vehicles. No matter where you go you're going to get a stupid element that deserves to be removed from the gene pool. In my opinion with the quantity of vehicles and numbers of people 99.9% of attendees are more than responsible.

Of a more concerning matter was that when the on site emergency number was called it went through to answerphone.

After saying that though. the loos wern't as terrible as before (where I was at least) and I will certainly be going back.

I have to say the tent proximity although close in some cases isn't even close to that of major festivals, Glastonbury & Latitude for example, where you physically cannot pass between tents.

With refrence to the accident in Monkton's Meadow, the kids on the outfit (four of them) were pissing around and even thought they'd try and pass behind a reversing tank :nut:. They succesfully managed a sliding turn in one direction and then tried it again and failed resulting with the outfit overturning. One of the lads did suffer a what appeared as a broken arm as it overturned, however it wasn't an open fracture. (we need to be careful of passing on information that can become exagerated... before we know it, it could be blown out of proportion)

Just think about the quantity of seriously big stuff moving among the public, then consider that the accident involved four immature kids in an open field and no other vehicles. No matter where you go you're going to get a stupid element that deserves to be removed from the gene pool. In my opinion with the quantity of vehicles and numbers of people 99.9% of attendees are more than responsible.

Of a more concerning matter was that when the on site emergency number was called it went through to answerphone.

After saying that though. the loos wern't as terrible as before (where I was at least) and I will certainly be going back.

Should have seen smelt them on sunday

All in all a good week away with no-where near as many idiots driving past at speed, arrived on the saturday to find the last years tent I put up the saturday before had been totalled by wednesday's storms but we'd brought a new one with us luckily. Some people next to us seemed upset when the marshalls started reclaiming their marked off space on saturday but the amount of wasted space was a lot better than in previous years. Always wondered about fire breaks in the camping and this year ended up next to a fire drum which was comforting. Doubt much would burn through the dust breaks anyway! Did anyone get any pictures of my fiance and sister on the land army trailer parades? P.s. lifetime ambition fulfilled thanks to my long suffering other half, I got to Drive Phil Benham's M16 on the friday evening :D Still haven't stopped smiling.

Hi to all,

been very hot and dusty at Beltring during the last week, My thanks to Enigma Ronnie and Matt for letting pitch on thier site and for thier company.

It was very very busy this year and managed to meet quite a few members on here even though there were many i didn`t see.

Here are a few random pictures which i took.

Ashley

Re the three ladies ...."Random" pic of "totty" .. so thats what you told the Mrs ? :D .. don't know what aftershave Mr Heliops use's but these three were often in his company :cool2: , perhaps he should bottle it and sell it as the " Rugged Boys " better than Brut 33 anyday.

Lee, I never did get to take up the offer of having a sit in your fox... however I feel that if I had I would still be there now trying to get out.

Bearing in mind your neighbours, you were parked almost next to a dutch(I think) chap who had various bits for sale and also a stall, I don't suppose you know him? as is always the case I'm kicking myself I didn't buy something at the time I wish I had.

This is a show report thread & not a rant thread... same old thing every year & same faces making the complaints will be back next year..

Just a reminder that we have many members of the NLBA here as members, please remember the rule about flaming & be sure of your facts before making comments, I was at the NLBA party as were many other HMVF members, a good time was had by all & if I remember correctly they raised over £1,400 for charity that night..

I do know of another group who have some of their members here that were having loud late night parties (won't mention names), as usual the NLBA were the first to be blamed for these parties.. The W&P rumor mill usually gets it's facts wrong

OK back on topic.. still here at W&P.. been raining a bit for the last few hours & the ground is turning a bit sticky all ready..

Had to got out & rescue Ian at midnight last night after he had a blowout in the Champ & he had wrong wheel brace... just been out to my van & front wheel has a puncture :nut:

@ sirhc.. CVR(T)'s safely parked up.. hoping to get all our kit shipped out tomorrow..

Had a great 3 weeks here & it was good to catch up with everyone & meet new forum members.. we had great neighbours this year with no idiots around us..

yep, sorry for posting here and fair point with the nbla and their charity work, they certainly are do"ers and givers on a large scale when most of us give on a small scale.Can"t fault that at all.

Got home a few hours ago. Took longer than usual as Seven Mile lane was closed due to an accident. not to worry though - I had a great time during the week I was down there. Nice and relaxing during the days preceeding the show and a great blast during the show itself.

Only drawbacks were a major fuel leak in the OT when a rear door fuel line went porous. I tried 3 firms to get a replacement made up but the fourth suggested inserting a 5p peice in the union between the rigid and perished flexi pipe - this worked a treat. After we had to ask Mike (the knees) to borrow what we called large spanners but he called small. Mental note - nearly every important nut or union is 27mm or 1 1/16"

Then on Sat the caravans battery charger went tits up taking the battery with it. I spent all the time I meant to be taking photos waiting for a call from the dealers - which finally came through after I was in the arena after 4pm!!

Oh - and our neighbours on one side found out that peeing up the side of an OT-90 means it will pee back when it's next started!! :D

Could have done with a few overnight rain showers to lay the dust but that was a small point really. At times after the arena runs it was hard to tell where the OT stopped and I and the commander started! :-) We had a slight mishap on the Friday - one of the re-enactors manning the back hadn't got the door shut properly as we pulled away and as we ran up the remaining front burm the door swung open. he grabbed it - and it took him with it leaving him in the dust. Fortunately he was unhurt and to add to his embarassment he then got interviewed by the arena commentator!!

Finidhed up on Sunday running air cadets around the arena a few times. Every year the show just gets better!!!!

These are just a few of the memories from the week - there are tooooo many to put down here, people seen and met sometimes old friends, sometimes for the first time vehicles seen and time spent in the arena - that sort of thing!! :D:D