LIVE from the W&P Show 2010

Marmite!!

I enjoyed my day there, will be back next year, a question if anybody can answer it, do war and peace/hop farm have a licence for music played on their land after midnight? Just curious because any steam and vintage show has to be quiet after midnight (well the ones up here do)

Dont get me wrong, I dont begrudge people having a good time, but at the expence of others........?

Mark

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a different note it's my turn to moan....

That Tunnel in the RT camp, I had to go through it every day at least twice on my hands and knees as my 4 year old twins loved it...

Our first time at War and Peace and was amazed at the effort that had gone into the displays, thanks chaps we had a great time :-)

On a different note it's my turn to moan....

That Tunnel in the RT camp, I had to go through it every day at least twice on my hands and knees as my 4 year old twins loved it...

Our first time at War and Peace and was amazed at the effort that had gone into the displays, thanks chaps we had a great time :-)

One of our group followed his grandson through, the kid's trainers lit up at very step which was quite useful!! :D

Re the three ladies ...."Random" pic of "totty" .. so thats what you told the Mrs ? :D .. don't know what aftershave Mr Heliops use's but these three were often in his company :cool2: , perhaps he should bottle it and sell it as the " Rugged Boys " better than Brut 33 anyday.

Mr Heliops seemed to have totty coming out of the wood work, god knows how he manages it? Maybe it's his Firefighters uniform???:cool2: (only joking Mark)

I was seriously impressed with his "Love" trailer. Very cosy and a decent shower too.

Did anyone see the "Mad Max" lot? I've seen them a few times in the past but got a very close view of them this year, totally hillarious. I got a view of one of the women with black hair on a Chenowth DPV and had to retreat for a cold shower....:nut:

Did anyone see the "Mad Max" lot? I've seen them a few times in the past but got a very close view of them this year, totally hillarious. I got a view of one of the women with black hair on a Chenowth DPV and had to retreat for a cold shower....:nut:

You weren't the only one :cool2:

my turn to moan our 3 year old loved the show. and the tank with the eyes he,s still talking about it now .the bouncing cushions on the hop farm he loved too. till fully grown men started jumping on them also makes my blood boil ! i wanted to go on them too .:blush:

Excalibur unit is pleased to announce we raised over 5k at war and peace for HELP FOR HERO,S

after many stints on the main gate by the team

and yes we may have been a little boistrous on wendsday evening at our party night as we realised we would reach our goal

many thanks to any of you or your family or friends who may have contributed to our collectors

hi fella's

i went with my dad and had a great time, this is only the second show i've been to and i have to say i thought it was brilliant, there was so much to see we didn't even get to the america's field after 2 days of tabbing round, so next year we'll stay longer and take the carrier as well and maybe stay for a week.

i must admit i was surprised at the freedom afforded spectators as we could mill around with the vehicles and exhibitors which was a refreshing change in these days of the nanny state where people are not often allowed to use there own judgement and take responsibility for their own actions, it gave me a sense of free spirit not often found these days. i even managed to cadge a drive of carrierbarry's universal (happy days):-D

all the best

eddy

w&p 047.JPG

Got all our vehicles home safely (7 using only 2 drivers!) and only the Dodge broke down (fuel pump problems), so all good. Particularly enjoyed picking up my mrs/shopping trip in the CVRT.

Thanks to all who made it such fun and I think Mr and MRs Tootall beat Mark in the WLF totty stakes by having 5 girls posing on their truck at once!

I think Mr and MRs Tootall beat Mark in the WLF totty stakes by having 5 girls posing on their truck at once!

Oh young Grasshopper - you poor deluded man!!!

You obviously were not present at the love trailer antics over the weekend.

I would have a count up of female visitors to the Love Trailer during the show - but decided not too as it would lead to unfounded comments of a totty invasion.

Can confirm the "love trailer" was always surrounded by young ladies everytime we drove past , the lovely Laura ? ( left in pic ) won best in show as far as I'm concerned :-D , reckon they had a good time if very little sleep over the weekend.

How you going to top that though Mark .... two love trailers ?

No there can only be one Love Trailer -

Although TTM does have the use of his ARDON but I'm not convinced Mrs Knee's will appreciate it.

Hi all.

I’ve been home for a few days now and have had time to reflect on War and Peace 2010.

Met the usual forum members (TTM and Mrs. Knees, Grasshopper, Nick Johns, Mark Burley, Paul, Chrisg, Clive, Rosie and R-cubed and others. Some new faces made themselves known – Loggydriver and Co, ferretfixer, Richard and Adrian but to name a few.

We were camped in a large HMFV gathering mainly thanks to Lee and Ian who marked our plots – thanks mate.

Had fun at the Hez Fez party – apparently I was singing and dancing to “Take me to the gay bar” and there is reportedly photographic and video evidence which will no doubt come back to haunt me eventually. I had a bit too drink which is unusual for me. It ended up with me on the ground, tripping over Lee’s camo fence whilst still talking to the Naughty Nurse. My defense was as the fence was camouflaged I didn’t see it.

After last years messing about with FV432 packs – I intended to have a lazy show.

I started with a static display of the Ward – deploying front and rear winches as well as the crane and legs, etc. That was going to be it for me until I asked Adrian if I could tow his Sexton around on the Thursday session for wreckers. He and his co-owner (Carl) allowed me to tow their pride and joy – not once but twice. Thank you chaps. Very kind of you both.

I didn’t get around seeing other members much and only met up with Olaf when I was packing up to leave. Sorry if I didn’t get around to everyone but quite simply – it was too hot to be walking about. Even going to the stalls was a trek from where we were based.

I had a good time in the beer tent Friday evening with the girls and my very own Naughty Nurse. Ran out of steam early and retired to the Love Trailer where Debbie and I poured a Pimm's and sat outside only for me to fall asleep whilst she was talking to me. Sorry honey!!

Saturday evening was spent in the beer tent. Was it me or did anyone else feel a rather strange atmosphere that night. I didn’t feel comfortable so left with the Ladies and Han’s in tow.

We headed for the USO bar but found everything quite. We soon moved on to Keith’s bar and disco in the American re-enactors area. Oh what fun. Karaoke. Didn’t take me long to get the microphone and have a good session. I think I got into bed at about 3am.

Apparently I kept Lee awake all night with strange noises coming from the Love Trailer. Sorry mate but I didn’t hear a thing!!!

All in all I had a really good show – it passed so quickly I didn’t feel I had been there as long as I had. Apologies to Adrian who wanted to drive my Ward but never got around to it. Your Ward experience is pre-booked mate so feel free next time we meet up.

I have read the comments on the forum and have to admit – there are some Muppets whose behavior leaves little to be desired but then again – I won’t let their behavior ruin my War and Peace experience. There will always be those who can’t or won’t tow the line.

I would like to congratulate the organizers for the level of security at this years show. I have never seen security at the beer tent before this years show and they were called into action on the Saturday evening when some drunken German or Dutch fools started becoming rowdy and a fight broke out. They were quickly into action and dispensed the trouble makers. Well done to you chaps.

I know some items have been stolen from vehicles and a number of tents went missing. I don’t think you can blame the organizers for this and to be honest – it is up to us to secure our valuables etc.

Roll on War and Peace 2011. Looking forward to it.

Markheliops

Having read the entire thread, but based entirely on Mark's post above... I wanna go next year:D

Sounds fantastic.

Is there any provision for someone without an MV (:blush:) to come and camp? I assume not, judging by the lucky dip the camping seems to be, but thought I'd ask.

I'll just have to stowaway in the back of a Jimmy or something instead!