Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Madrat's challenge!! To snap a picture of my white Leyland Martian, about to start a 400 miles drive up north first thing tomorrow (Thursday) via A34/M40/M42/M6/M74 Beer tokens on offer for any candid snaps!

:beer::beer::beer:

Fillin up on the last Services A34 north bound sat next to one of the there big tracked Artillery shooty things, took me an Hour up the M40 to remember AS90 ! Should of remembered having lived in a tent for a month not 100 metres from a battery of them Knockin 10 bells out of Saddams finest. a frightening 9 ! Years ago now :D

Driving past the TA centre on Upper Tulse Hill in South London, Couldn't stop today but if anyone's interested i could nip back and see if it has any numbers on it (I'd probably get arrested for taking photos as it's also a Military Police HQ according to the sign).

Paul

Pictures from Google street view:

ferret3.JPG

Ferret.JPG

ferret2.JPG

Any chance you could nip back and ease those Scammell Explorer scotch pans from under the wheels?

They're getting hard to find now...:D

Don't see any problems with that idea at all ;). I'll get right on to it, might as well get the wheels while I'm there.

I am going to show my ignrance here but.....

They were big and green, the one in the middle had 8 large wheels and carried what looked like a folding bridge on the back

The one in front, on a low loader, was tracked with a big blade on the front.

The one at the back, also on a low loader, was enormous and tracked with a hiab type crane folded into it.

They were clockwise on the M25 just transfering to the south bound M3 at 2:30 this afternoon.

Hi Rog , I saw this convoy on the A2 near Dartford ! The Eight wheeler was a Unipower Bridge Carrier and I guess the tracked vehicles where Bridge layers although I can't be 100% as they where going in the opposite direction to me ! Made my day seeing them !:-D

Went to the National Coal Mining Museum today and not far away I spotted an RB44 in a yard at the top end of the A637 next to Grange Moor Coachworks I think it is. Don't know if anyone else has seen it before?

Not technically spotted so much as got found by! Another 1968 2a FFR in Lancing near to where the Balltree pub used to reside. Apparently having mine there field stripped was inspiration for the owner to approach me and help kick him into restoring his!

Not technically spotted so much as got found by! Another 1968 2a FFR in Lancing near to where the Balltree pub used to reside. Apparently having mine there field stripped was inspiration for the owner to approach me and help kick him into restoring his!

Rover 8 or Rover 9 FFR????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PICTURES Pleeassssseeeeeeeeeeeee

Rover 11 as it is 1968. I will be heading back there soon as it is only 3 miles away and the owner was very keen once he saw mine.

I mention 'another' found as it is just ¼ mile from my friends Rover 11 FFR which has just been rebuilt pending MoT in a weeks time. He originally thought his was S3 due to it having the S3 horrid plastic dash.

Edited by ferret1958uk

Out and about last night a WW2 British motorbike camepast me in the opposite direction in the Essington area of Staffordshire. Hardto tell what it was exactly but the gentleman who was riding it was in appropriatedress as well.

• 2 weeks later...