Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

I am going to show my ignrance here but.....

They were big and green, the one in the middle had 8 large wheels and carried what looked like a folding bridge on the back

The one in front, on a low loader, was tracked with a big blade on the front.

The one at the back, also on a low loader, was enormous and tracked with a hiab type crane folded into it.

They were clockwise on the M25 just transfering to the south bound M3 at 2:30 this afternoon.

TBT (Tank Bridge Transporter)

CRARRV (Challenger Armoured Repair Recovery Vehicle)

Trojan (Challenger based AVRE)

Edited by recymech66

Went to the National Coal Mining Museum today and not far away I spotted an RB44 in a yard at the top end of the A637 next to Grange Moor Coachworks I think it is. Don't know if anyone else has seen it before?

Yes, i think it belongs to the Holgate (quarry) people. It's been there a few months and not moved. I had a quick look when I spotted it. Shame it's just deteriorating, windows down etc, must have been bought for a reason though.

Berna knows the owner.

Matt

Yes, i think it belongs to the Holgate (quarry) people. It's been there a few months and not moved. I had a quick look when I spotted it. Shame it's just deteriorating, windows down etc, must have been bought for a reason though.

Berna knows the owner.

Matt

Thanks for that Matt. Yes it seemed to be just sitting there with lots a plant machinery.

Scott

Coming thru Grimsby today, something large and tracked on a low loader, couldn't tell what it was as the top of the hull hand been removed, could just about see the very large engine.

Left on the A180 heading westbound.

I saw Ian Litchfield driving his Jeep around the Oxford ring road at about 8:00 this morning.

Then this afternoon an aeroplane went by very fast making a sonic boom. Very loud it was too. Sounded like a bomb going off.

Tim

Funny you should mention this as just this second there has been a piece on Midlands Today about the sonic boom that was made over the area yesterday. Apparently a helicopter set off an alarm by mistake that's why they were buzzing around.

Scott

I saw an item on the news about this ! It said they were on their way to "assist" a helicopter that was in trouble ! I can't imagine how an air to air missile heading your way is assistance unless you've engine trouble and you can't get back down ! :wow::wow:

Having lunch at work today and spotted these ------

100_2026.jpg

Not strictly military but they do have four wheel drive :-)

100_2030.jpg

Couple of carrots and friends for life

100_2034.jpg

Being mugged at lunchtime :-D another great reason to live in the F.O.D. Cute eh ! make good eating too :shocked:

100_2036.jpg

Found these on Torrens Street EC1 earlier today, just round the corner of Angle tube. Wasn't expecting to see bits of HMMWV on a central London side street while the Abbot was (is) advertising tanks-a-lot. The HMMWV front and rear sections aren't in fantastic shape. I guess they are something to do with the scrap merchants at the end of the road.

IMG_0329.jpg

Just opposite was this:

IMG_0321.jpg

Have I stumbled onto something I shouldn't have?

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg