Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Paul,

nice videos you shoot, what is your set up in the cab?

I am believing that nowadays the old blue and green convoy flags are not used any more?

Seems strange to see the German style convoy plate on the back of a British vehicle now.

R

Heard this old lady today that low it seemed to only just clear pylon wires nearly shook windows out as passed directly over head circled round gained height and went back flying towards york Sounded fantastic

Dont know were it came from or going to but very low dont think any thing on at Elvington

RICCAL 029.jpg

Edited by cosrec

Been out for a beer and every body in localpub was on about the treat we had earlier today with the close up. It was an arranged flypast on behalf of two ww11 bomber crews who lost their lives in a mid air collision. The memorial is at Balkhome about 1 mile away from where i live. There was also a service in our local church and apparently there was some WW11 vehicles out side although i have no other details. All on my own doorstep and i knew nothing about it until it happened But what a sight.

Balkholme1.jpg

Memorial to a pair of Halifaxes, from 578 Squadron, collided in mid air on the night of the 20/21st July 1944. Crashed with the loss of all 14 crew.

IIRC, recent excavations of the crash site, found a number of live 500lb bombs.

Heard this old lady today that low it seemed to only just clear pylon wires nearly shook windows out as passed directly over head circled round gained height and went back flying towards york Sounded fantastic

Dont know were it came from or going to but very low dont think any thing on at Elvington

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61598[/ATTACH]

Heard this before i saw it yesterday very low near messingham, had a different treat a few weeks ago at the yorkshire safari park, looked up to see thee vulcan bomber doing take offs and landings at the old finingleybase, now donny airport

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61598[/ATTACH]

Almost brained myself on the garage door today, must park further away, as I jumped out the back of the Land Rover.

Something I do when I hear interesting aircraft, and 4 merlins are very distinctive. No camera handy though. She came down the valley and banked round and went back up.

Apparently doing a flypast at Asheridge, a mile or 2 up the road.

By all accounts a Lancaster crashed there in 1945.

Mike

This could be a regular thread of what has been seen on the road, or in the air even.

To kick off, going to work today along the A2070 towards Romney Marsh, I passed under a bridge and going over it was a 1950's Czech Praga 6x6 with radio type body, not seen it in the area before.

Then this afternoon whist in my workshop, I heard the unmistakeable sound of Merlins, nearly fell out of the lorry I was working in, got out of the door to see three P51 Mustangs in formation passing over low. A fair bet that one of them was from the next village. Then my brother rang me and as he was speaking he suddenly said that a Mustang and a B25 Mitchell were passing overhead following the M20 North. Sounds like the place to be this weekend is Duxford.

Actually are they Foden ?

By a road in Lincolnshire.

546388_10150887334333984_697708983_9682591_1466690055_n.jpg

at least it's attemping to be preservered! Looks like it's been blasted without time to paint. If they knew how difficult the wings are to get they would have painted it. Don't suppose anyone can duck their head in and take a photo of the data plate :-)

at least it's attemping to be preservered! Looks like it's been blasted without time to paint. If they knew how difficult the wings are to get they would have painted it. Don't suppose anyone can duck their head in and take a photo of the data plate :-)

I tried when I saw it no joy