Austin K series gallery.

Austin

Certainly fitted in well with the display at Ver-sur-Mer Colin!!! :-D

I recognise that truck! nice picture thanks, i never took many of my own vehicle over there:(

Sorry but i dont recognise the name:sweat:did you have a vehicle there:???

Colin

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recognise that truck! nice picture thanks, i never took many of my own vehicle over there:(

Sorry but i dont recognise the name:sweat:did you have a vehicle there:???

Colin

No probs Colin. Nope I didn't have a vehicle over in France, just have an avid interest in them.

Hello

Sorry i dont have any dimensions, i just know it should be smaller

There doesnt seem to be much info on the K2 GS lorry, and i certainly havent seen any photos, so its great to see some on here!

Perhaps someone should try and get a K2 GS register going!?!

Would love to see some pics of yours!

Colin

Colin, if you would like any pictures please contact me on my own email. I have any downloaded from internet. I start collected it 8 year ago.

I will send you the chart of my Austin manuals to.

You are right, only a few information are about the "K" GS lorries.

I don´t know about the register, but I am thinking about it. But I have only pictures of the lorries without the names of the owners. :-(

Radek

d6a.jpg

Colin, this looks as your lorry in the past.

P.S. I thing only a few of Austin K30, K2, K3 are serviving. The K5 and K6 to. :-(

Hello

Yes that is my lorry:shocked:

It was that colour and registration when i bought it.

I re-painted it and got hold of a period registration for it, but kept the serial number painted on the doors just in case they were the original numbers! but somehow i dont think so!:confused:

From what i gather your quite correct in saying there isn't many left:-(

Colin

P.S. thanks for the pic, thats made my day!

Austin,

what a fantastic project. Glad to see she found a buyer, lets hope she gets restored

cheers

G506

Austin,

what a fantastic project. Glad to see she found a buyer, lets hope she gets restored

cheers

G506

What I know the K6 is still in running condition - not restored but only for moving around the home. :-))

The owner is the megical. :-)

I think a certain poster on here,..........:) deserves a hearty CONGRATULATIONS, :yay::yay::yay:for his award at Beltring.........

So, nice one, Graham, (44k6) and sorry I did not get chance to see you getting it, or before you left. See you tues night.

All the best,

Andy

I think a certain poster on here,..........:) deserves a hearty CONGRATULATIONS, :yay::yay::yay:for his award at Beltring.........

So, nice one, Graham, (44k6) and sorry I did not get chance to see you getting it, or before you left. See you tues night.

All the best,

Andy

thanks mate :)

Isn't that K2 Naafi van one of the PW Civil Defence trucks?

Degsy at the end of WW2 hundreds of former National Fire Service and CD vehicles were put into storage, consequent to the civil defence act of 1948 which resurrected the CD corps and the Auxiliary Fire service, Many of these vehicles were issued to local units and brigades to commence training. Concurrently many Austin and Fordson 7V vehicles from storeage were converted in Home Office Workshops into numerous new roles.

Originally these K2 Canteens had been auxiliary towing vehicles. A number were converted to canteen van for use by the AFS. All the evidence is conversion was circa 1950/51.

So portraying Naafi wagons or WW2 organisations are actually Wolves in sheeps clothing attached is a poor shot from my collection of GXH 355 in service with Glamorgan Auxiliary Fire Service at Floods in the mid 1950s. It later was passed to Glamorgan Fire Service. If you zoom the picture the words Auxiliary Fire Service are just visible under the word Glamorgan.

Hope this of interest

TED

GXH 355 Glam AFS.jpg

Hi Ted,

I know GXH355 well, that photo was taken on our pitch at Beltring last week. The AFS logos can still be seen under the gloss green paint. Do you have any more in service photos of it? Despite the owner telling people that they are 1950s Canteens, there are people out there who own them that believe they were used to serve tea in the Blitz.

Chris

Thanks for that Ted. I well remember them from my childhood, lots around then. I also remember similar vehicles with a sort of curved side half body on them, painted light grey but I don't remember their use, perhaps from this rather vague description you might be able to tell me what they were used for but I have vague memories of them having a large bell so perhaps they were also NFS vehicles.

Hi Ted, I've got quite a soft spot for the Austins and Bedfords of this period as so many were around when I was young and the RAF one pictured looks quite attractive. However leaving aside the tyres it still doesn't tie up with my memories of these vehicles, has the owner used a bit of poetic licence or would it have appeared at some time with this livery and markings.?