Austin K series gallery.

Austin

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The advert by Fletchers is interesting as the body on the K6 appears to be a civilian type drop side, i wonder if these were installed by Fletchers to enhance the sales

A few more in service K9s for our cider drinker, lovely drop of stuff that

been out my head on more than one occasion in my younger days on that stuff when we toured the west country with our group in the late 1960s

austinK9 2.jpg

austinK9 3.jpg

austinK9 4.jpg

austinK9 5.jpg

A few more in service K9s for our cider drinker, lovely drop of stuff that

been out my head on more than one occasion in my younger days on that stuff when we toured the west country with our group in the late 1960s

Ooops! Did I say I drank the stuff? Couldn't admit to that -- I've been caught sniffing the vat on occasions, but the dead rats floating on the top always put me off -- someones been spying on me haven't they!

Thanks Les -- great stuff, keep the K9 stuff coming! I love it.

Took to the road with mine today -- the first time it's ventured out on the highway since 1980! -- It was 'orrible! "Shake, rattle and roll" to quote a well known song and despite a run of thirty miles, the tyres still have the profile of an egg and me eyeballs haven't settled even after sinking a bottle of Pinot to calm me down!

Anybody know where there's a pile of 9.00 x 20's for sale?

I love the "in service" pictures of the Austin K9's....:-D

Now this has got to be a rare old girl, Austin K9 Ambulance. According to my Vanderveen book, these were fitted with soft suspension and it was possible to walk into the rear body from the cab.

This one is pictured in the RAF museum London.

800px-Austin_K9WD_1.jpg

450px-Austin_K9WD_2.jpg

Hi Scott9643.

As someone who mentioned that they are in need of 9-00-20's for your wonderful K9, you could start your collection at Withams on July 13th , lot number 310, one 9.00.20 on wheel. May be a good start for you.

One down three to go!

Best wishes,

Mike

Looking at the ex military dealers ads reminds me of the two K9 GS (one was FFW) that my late father bought in 1967 and 1968 from Housemans in Pateley Bridge Yorkshire.

They were both brand new (less than 100 miles on the clock)

The price?

One was £100 and the other £120

Happy days!!!!!!!!

I'll add some more K9 pictures.

This Desert Austin K9 was owned by my Dad when I was born, It was bought from Ruddington by David Crouch and restored and repainted by my Dad. This picture was taken in 1986.

Our Winston.jpg

Hey Paul (Papav66),

I found a picture online of your K9 at a rally from quite a few years back. Also found a picture of mine from the mid 80's!

Looks to me like that the second picture was taken at The Great Dorset Steam Fair.

Looks to me like that the second picture was taken at The Great Dorset Steam Fair.

Ahh, Thanks for that Smithy. Helps to place the vehicle and maybe track down the old owners.

This next picture is another Austin K9 owned by my Dad about 5 years ago. Pictured at Woodvale next to the later Austin.

GS U4 27.jpg

Ahh, Thanks for that Smithy. Helps to place the vehicle and maybe track down the old owners.

No probs mate. I would say that it is Dorset judging by the ground the vehicles are standing on and also the land behind them rises up in the picture as it does where the commercials stand.

Hello

Thought you might like to see "Lucy" my 1943 Austin K2 GS lorry, i bought it from Steve Hindle a couple of years ago at the East Of England military museum.

I know the bodys to long, and i might get round to shortening it one day, but it is rather useful for getting all my display stuff in!

Colin2009 072

PICT0251.jpg

Normandy 2009 072.jpg

Hello

Thought you might like to see "Lucy" my 1943 Austin K2 GS lorry, i bought it from Steve Hindle a couple of years ago at the East Of England military museum.

I know the bodys to long, and i might get round to shortening it one day, but it is rather useful for getting all my display stuff in!

Colin2009 072

Oh, this is something for me. :-) Nice!!!!

Do you know the corect dimensions of the GS body? I have rebuilded body to. I would like make it corect, but I haven´t the dimensions. I have only any old pictures and manuals.

Radek

mlu15.jpg

Hello

Colin2009 072

She looks great I have just build a pair of K2 GS models in deffent color schhemes must take some piccies & post them

TED

Oh, this is something for me. :-) Nice!!!!

Do you know the corect dimensions of the GS body? I have rebuilded body to. I would like make it corect, but I haven´t the dimensions. I have only any old pictures and manuals.

Radek

Hello

Sorry i dont have any dimensions, i just know it should be smaller

There doesnt seem to be much info on the K2 GS lorry, and i certainly havent seen any photos, so its great to see some on here!

Perhaps someone should try and get a K2 GS register going!?!

Would love to see some pics of yours!

Colin