Austin K series gallery.

Austin

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Did i open a can of worms when I saw the ad in HCVS.

Thanks for all your posts.

It gives the general MV population, an understanding of what is happening around them, perhaps, without their knowledge.

When I mentioned the ad , I certainly had no idea of the amount of information available about this group.

As far as I was concerned , there was a chance to preserve another K6 or certainly retain some parts for a preservation project!

I had the chance to buy a K6 crash tender in 1984 and turned it down as just too much work, but now , of course, wish that , at least , we had bought it and kept it for spares.

Anyway, best of luck to you potential buyers.

Mike

From memory there is at least two big sheds full to bursting with different fire related vehicles in them. While there were also vehicles just sitting around outside.

This was around six-seven years ago though so I can't comment on what it is like now, but looking at the photo's it doesn't look as if much has changed!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Radek,

For what model, K2 or K3 ? There are lots of contracts and groups of census numbers. Let me know.

Hi Richard,

I will contact Rob and buy the cesnsus list. :)

Do you have any of K30?

cheers Radek

Hi Richard,

I will contact Rob and buy the cesnsus list. :)

Do you have any of K30?

Hi Radek,

They are not listed with model numbers ( except K2 ambulance). I have looked through and there are only two Army contracts for a 30cwt 4x2, which has to be K30, that is Contract no. V3729 for approx. 1,000 vehicles, and Contact no. V3903 for 600 vehicles.

Hi Radek,

They are not listed with model numbers ( except K2 ambulance). I have looked through and there are only two Army contracts for a 30cwt 4x2, which has to be K30, that is Contract no. V3729 for approx. 1,000 vehicles, and Contact no. V3903 for 600 vehicles.

This fine, I will look at home on the contracs of bouth lorries and ambulances.

cheers Radek

Hello all

haven't been on here for a while, so missed out on whats been going on!

I need some help please! i have been asked to supply my K2 GS truck for film shoot this Saturday, by a fairly well known film maker, who is making a series of films about WW2 vehicles.

I will be interviewed by the guy and he will want some facts and figures about the K2 in general and in service, could anyone supply some figures on here? such as how many made, were they just used by the RAF, did they go overseas etc!

I cannot seem to find anything on K2's

Regards

Colin Murray

Hi Colin

Many of Austin loories died at Dunkirque at 1940. It was used in commenwelth and allied armies, such Czechoslovakian wich hold the German army in Dunkirque from the middle 1944 to the and of the war.

After the and of the war endded many of hers army live in UNNRA.

Radek

Hello all

haven't been on here for a while, so missed out on whats been going on!

I need some help please! i have been asked to supply my K2 GS truck for film shoot this Saturday, by a fairly well known film maker, who is making a series of films about WW2 vehicles.

I will be interviewed by the guy and he will want some facts and figures about the K2 in general and in service, could anyone supply some figures on here? such as how many made, were they just used by the RAF, did they go overseas etc!

I cannot seem to find anything on K2's

Regards

Colin Murray