Scrap yard relics...

Jack

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these choppers have been in military service, TonyB would certainly be interested. What do you mean, helicopters?

Did you ever slide off the saddle and land heavily on the gear stick of one of these? talk about Ferret rash! :shake: As for the pictures, well who needs flowers outside. :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Its amazing what people keep finding that others have saved . All the bits and parts on some of these can help add to the data about field mods and uses that have been forgotten .Could you see what had been done to the back of the halftrack? The Commer looks like it just needs a wash and fluids checked to be back on the road ! its crest/coat of arms? looks very impressive.

Is the wrecker gear from some British military recovery vehicle?

Those are some serious tires on the vehicle with the crane it looks worth restoration too.

Know the yard used to have a couple of Chieftains in it, those have now moved to Eccles. The Chieftains don't half stand out on google earth. I bought a Ferret wheel from there a month or so ago.

They also have a recon B60 for sale which I presume is for a pig could be wrong often am

My experience anyway decent people.

Andy

Know the yard used to have a couple of Chieftains in it, those have now moved to Eccles. The Chieftains don't half stand out on google earth. I bought a Ferret wheel from there a month or so ago.

They also have a recon B60 for sale which I presume is for a pig could be wrong often am

My experience anyway decent people.

Andy

There always seems to be B60 engines coming up for sale? Were they a common fit to a lot of vehicles?

I see the Bedford on Scrap Heap Challenge finally got the chop tonight

Did you all spot the bit of tv editing in the final of Scrapheap challenge, when the RL chassis vehicle hit the water it obviously broke its trackrod and you could see the NS front wheel go onto full lock, however the next shot both wheels were pointing straight..... :whistle:

Yeah i spotted that, I think it bent the drag link rather than snapping it as it made it out of the other side without being too far out of whack. I must confess that as he charged at the water full tilt i thought that might happen... its a hell of a lot of pressure on those tyres suddenly put on the steering :|